Operation B14 has commenced

Have started stashing the cash job takings to fund mine. Might be a white though. Missus keeps buying things for new house.. :-(

What, pray tell, are B14's?

I've read this thread and Googled, but am still a little confused.

I'm specing a LWB Kombi and have gleaned some great tips from this site.... and the other one...... But B14's??

I was going to get the dealer to lower my purchase but now? Well B14's!

B14's means Bilstein B14's. These are a suspension component replacement which removes the stock shock absorbers and springs and replaces them with upgraded units that you can alter the ride height with. They also stiffen up the ride and aid in the elimination of body roll.

B14's means Bilstein B14's. These are a suspension component replacement which removes the stock shock absorbers and springs and replaces them with upgraded units that you can alter the ride height with. They also stiffen up the ride and aid in the elimination of body roll.

Where you copy that from @DaveyB :whistle::thumbsup:

I'm in the B14 team, fitted at Transporter HQ today :thumbsup:
At the moment sitting 43mm lower at the front and 30mm at the back. This difference was as there was no camping paraphenalia loaded and the water tank is empty. Having said that, the after photo is taken with the box containing the old shocks and springs sitting at the back and they're a fair old weight, so depending on how/if it settles over the next week or so I may take it somewhere to have rears dropped a bit more. Not that easy to see as I've taken them from slightly different angles and it was in bright sun when I got back
File 23-05-2017, 18 41 14.jpeg File 23-05-2017, 18 42 00.jpeg

I'm in the B14 team, fitted at Transporter HQ today :thumbsup:
At the moment sitting 43mm lower at the front and 30mm at the back. This difference was as there was no camping paraphenalia loaded and the water tank is empty. Having said that, the after photo is taken with the box containing the old shocks and springs sitting at the back and they're a fair old weight, so depending on how/if it settles over the next week or so I may take it somewhere to have rears dropped a bit more. Not that easy to see as I've taken them from slightly different angles and it was in bright sun when I got back
View attachment 8662 View attachment 8663
Nice one @andys from what I have found with mine; they don't settle, they sit at what they have been set at.

Nice one @andys from what I have found with mine; they don't settle, they sit at what they have been set at.
That's what I feared, I think I'll have to get it done, I just don't like it sitting as high as that at the back. Going to have to find somewhere local though, TransporterHQ is too far away just to go back for that.

Hi @andys i am going for b14 on mine with 17" standard alloys. How do you find them
You'll need to give me some time to evaluate, I've only driven home with them and I'm not overwhelmed, or underwhelmed. Or even whelmed. They just felt the same if I'm honest, but I've got other things on my mind today and I was wary of the big box of original shocks sliding about in the back. It'll be a few days before I get to drivr it again and I'll give them a thorough test out with a clear head.

Last edited:
I just measured from the arch lip to the top of my tyre on the rear wheel and it's 90mm. I take it if I get my B14s set to a 60mm drop tomorrow it will reduce that to 30mm?

Sorry if that's a moronic question but I'm not getting how I have 90mm and I see people lowering by 50mm and the gap is closed. I have 20s on with 245/40 tyres

Back