Our 7 Month Wait is Nearly Over...

Apologies Dave; I meant I had seen you mention the issues but wasn't sure exactly what was up. I'll check the link Pauly just put up.

Last edited:
First week away in the van, with 2 adults, 1 chid and 1 dog, completed and we have loved it. The layout really works for us and the little extras such as large water tank, Eberspacher heater (a personal favourite of mine!), etc.. are all fantastic.

I think our gas struts are OK - no problem opening/closing with the rack (though we would never try to do so when loaded with 50kg+ of bikes?).

Leisure battery cover does seem to be a bit of a cheap fix that should be incorporated by Hillside - what did you use?

Two way switching of the main interior lights would be good - in a similar vein, the switch for the "upstairs" lights could do with some sort of clearer on/off indicator - I've had to lift the roof a couple of times to check that they are off! (the OCD in me coming out!)

My only real issue is that when the van is fully loaded with bikes on the rack and my trailer hooked up we do seem to be doing a bit of a wheelie - seems to still handle OK over the 500 miles I've towed the trailer this week but I have spun the wheels a couple of times pulling away and did come close to getting bogged down on some grass. All of the weight (by design) is over the un-driven rear wheels and there is not much I can do to move any of the weight forward - wondering whether there is anyway to improve - I deliberately went for a T30 (Hillside normally use T28s) to avoid this.

View attachment 2423 View attachment 2424
3mm ply, carpet covered for the battery cover. Only goes half way and rests on battery bracket. I did passenger side as well (full front to back), and using the holes in the seat mountings (that already exist) to secure.
I have replaced original 'upstairs' switch with an illuminated 0ne. A straight swap - there is already a convenient spare earth connector behind the switch to earth the LED.

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0526.JPG

Last edited:
3mm ply, carpet covered for the battery cover. Only goes half way and rests on battery bracket. I did passenger side as well (full front to back), and using the holes in the seat mountings (that already exist) to secure.
I have replaced original 'upstairs' switch with an illuminated 0ne. A straight swap - there is already a convenient spare earth connector behind the switch to earth the LED.

View attachment 2441 View attachment 2442 View attachment 2443 View attachment 2444
Thanks. I will definitely look into the illuminated switch and "borrow" some scraps of carpet next time I'm up at Hillside.

Back