Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 62 81.6%

• Total voters
So are you saying the G is supposed to be a G but it’s a 6 made to look like a G? But why would you do that?

Aesthetics, in a nutshell! Many would butcher the “6” in “B16” to make it read “BIG” perhaps by using a white screw fixing cap to create the break in the “6” to look like “G”. The reg is B16 JOG - JOG being my initials. The “G” is made from a six to be smoother like the “6” rather than the hard return like it appears in this post.

Fair enough, we went for the wife’s initials 04 (year and date we got married) then my initials, added bonus is it says her 4 me so it must be true :p. All still standard font and spacing. Thought it was quite good to personalise but people do think it’s a T5, even VW when it went in for first service just seem to have quoted based on the MY04 :confused:

Fair enough, we went for the wife’s initials 04 (year and date we got married) then my initials, added bonus is it says her 4 me so it must be true :p. All still standard font and spacing. Thought it was quite good to personalise but people do think it’s a T5, even VW when it went in for first service just seem to have quoted based on the MY04 :confused:
Ha ha ha! That’s just laziness in record keeping....once they enter your reg the model and year details should be returned! Needless to say, Mrs O’G declined B16 LOG when it was available! Can’t guess why!

I owe you a pint, Eagle Eyes! Spot on! The “G” isn’t legal - it’s made from a “6”....to give the smooth return rather than the hard return. Every copper who has seen it has said they’d “let it go” as it isn’t a change that tries to make it look other than a “G” and all spacing is correct.
Yes, the Police may let it go. I know some and they told me the often do this in case they want to stop you for something else. They don’t need a reason then.
Also don’t go to Wales with that plate. I’ve seen the cops there measuring letters with a rule to check they were correct size etc.
2 strikes and the DVLA can take the number off you.
For what it’s worth I think a G would look better.

Mrs O’G declined B16 LOG when it was available! Can’t guess why!

I was tempted to bid on B16 POO in a recent DVLA auction, went for a bit more than I would have been prepared to pay though.

I was really surprised to see my FA57 VWT available last year, I know it’s not brilliant, but got it for £350 plus the fees it was cheap as chips.

I’d originally been looking for a good T6 or T32 plate with my initials but the ones I wanted had all gone.

4134AB84-58E9-4975-815E-289AF87B7229.jpeg

Where do you guys look online for your private plates?

Yes, the Police may let it go. I know some and they told me the often do this in case they want to stop you for something else. They don’t need a reason then.
Also don’t go to Wales with that plate. I’ve seen the cops there measuring letters with a rule to check they were correct size etc.
2 strikes and the DVLA can take the number off you.
For what it’s worth I think a G would look better.
Ah, I didn’t know there was a two strike approach - I always thought there was only one. I think I have de-risked it sufficiently with standard sizing and spacing. The greater temptation is to mess with the “6”. But, i accept that low risk is not no risk!

Ah, I didn’t know there was a two strike approach - I always thought there was only one. I think I have de-risked it sufficiently with standard sizing and spacing. The greater temptation is to mess with the “6”. But, i accept that low risk is not no risk!
I still think it would look better with a proper G. Looks like the ran out and made there own ;)

Talking of 6's and G's, I saw 61FTS on a Disco this morning. I'm guessing G1 FTS had gone, so he had to stump up more cash to get 61 FTS.

Back