Question about adding an awning rail to a van with a low profile pop top..

ReturnoftheMac

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

Has anyone fitted an awning rail to a van with a low profile pop top?

I’m looking at something like the stitches and steel universal c shape rail, to go under the roof (I have a stealth B2).

Will there be space or will it imped the roof closing securely? Is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance

I have one from Funky Leisure hidden underneath my low profile Vanmax roof.
It’s a one piece thing and only took a bit of fettling to get it to go around the hinges and stuff.
Funky leisure do sample pieces for £2.99. This will allow you to tape it to the roof in various places and lower the pop top and mess around to ensure that it doesn’t foul the roof at any location before you buy and fit a full rail.

I have one from Funky Leisure hidden underneath my low profile Vanmax roof.
It’s a one piece thing and only took a bit of fettling to get it to go around the hinges and stuff.
Funky leisure do sample pieces for £2.99. This will allow you to tape it to the roof in various places and lower the pop top and mess around to ensure that it doesn’t foul the roof at any location before you buy and fit a full rail.
Was gonna say... si has that setup..

We are looking to get the same roof, and have the same hidden rail.

I’ve a C-rail underneath my HiLo Sport and it closes down over the rail without issue.

If it is a worry - or, if you think you’ll want to use the rail without raising the roof - then you could look at fitting the rail (or an additional one to how mine is fitted) underneath some roof rails.

Back