Review: DAV-TEC

@Dav-Tec Chris one thing that is driving me nuts is the climate control on my 2017 T6 Highline. It is either Artic or Sahara. I am travelling back and forward to Austria, France and Spain skiing. I can never get it right. Constantly fiddling he controls up or down.

The heating knob with the temperature scale does not cut it for me. Is there anyway of digitally improving the setting of the heating?

EDIT: I have the Climatic system I guess I am talking about an upgrade to the Climatronic system
Sorry pal, only just seen this. yes you are lol

Spoke to Chris about deleting my egr a little while ago. Really helpful advice and guidance-based around how I use my van and not the hard sell.
My van is a Bitdi and has hit 122k with no probs but I keep seeing that vans that ran perfectly suddenly develop the dreaded oil consumption at any mileage. It’s been preying on my mind, especially as I have a tiny coolant leak out of the egr cooler gasket.
I also have plenty of recurring fault codes in VCDS related to egr and ad blue and nox sensor. No EML though.
Anyway, after a couple of hours down at Dav-Tec I no longer have any egr worries.
The service from Chris has been excellent from start to finish and very reasonably priced.
Can’t recommend him highly enough.
Also, I no longer have any fault codes-even the ad blue and nox remain clear-and I still have ad blue functioning.
Cheers Chris.

Spoke to Chris about deleting my egr a little while ago. Really helpful advice and guidance-based around how I use my van and not the hard sell.
My van is a Bitdi and has hit 122k with no probs but I keep seeing that vans that ran perfectly suddenly develop the dreaded oil consumption at any mileage. It’s been preying on my mind, especially as I have a tiny coolant leak out of the egr cooler gasket.
I also have plenty of recurring fault codes in VCDS related to egr and ad blue and nox sensor. No EML though.
Anyway, after a couple of hours down at Dav-Tec I no longer have any egr worries.
The service from Chris has been excellent from start to finish and very reasonably priced.
Can’t recommend him highly enough.
Also, I no longer have any fault codes-even the ad blue and nox remain clear-and I still have ad blue functioning.
Cheers Chris.
No worries mate, was a pleasure, hopefully see you again for something else. Enjoy pal

@Dav-Tec Chris one thing that is driving me nuts is the climate control on my 2017 T6 Highline. It is either Artic or Sahara. I am travelling back and forward to Austria, France and Spain skiing. I can never get it right. Constantly fiddling he controls up or down.

The heating knob with the temperature scale does not cut it for me. Is there anyway of digitally improving the setting of the heating?

EDIT: I have the Climatic system I guess I am talking about an upgrade to the Climatronic system
Mate mines the same, put it 22 and it’s roasting

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who dropped by today to say hello at Camper Mart.

Great to put names to faces and chat with everyone. We really enjoyed our first show.

Also need to thank @Texxaco for letting us use his van as our show piece and demo vehicle. He did us proud.

Hope everyone had a great day and hopefully seem more of you at the next show.

Cheers
Chris & Tracy

20230205_090829.jpg

Hi Guys

Due to a couple of cancellations and some Facebook time wasters we have some free slots.

Morning of the 17th Feb, late morning/afternoon 23rd
All day Sunday 26th
3rd and 6th March

We are going to look at starting a deposit system again. We had stopped it, but unfortunately, some people have cancelled leaving me with parts ordered for a specific job that are now sat on the shelf that I cannot return.

We now offer DSP audio systems from Audison and Hertz and we're looking into others after recent training on products from various distributors.

We offer an audio calibration service for both conventional amplified systems and DSP controlled systems using new kit we've invested in.

It really does make a big difference to how a vehicle sounds. Tuning by ear is ok but you can't argue with properly calibrated equipment.

DSP packages will be on the webshop shortly and some of our conventional systems will be updated.

With the new T6.1 if you have discover media or want to keep everything looking factory but make the van sing and I don't mean loud, I mean precise, crisp clear audio with solid punchy mid/bass (a quality system) then DSP is the way to go. No need for bass controllers added and crossovers hidden everything can be controlled via the DSP unit.

I'll attach some image of before and after of @Texxaco van tune we did the night before camper mart. The blue line is the target curve, Red is the curve before and Orange is after calibration. There's a few more setting I need to have another.play with but because it's a conventional system we can't get much closer to the target curve without installing a DSP processor.

Cheers
Chris

IMG-20230204-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20230203-WA0012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening guys n gals.

We're getting pretty booked at the minute with only a week and a half left free in March.

Also we plan for me to be doing this as my sole income by the end of April which should aid with weekend dates to some degree. It should also allow me to start developing certain products I've wanted to have a go at for a while without having the time to commit to it.

Since the announcement of our DSP installs we've had several enquiries and a couple of bookings. We now have our DSP system setup in our Caddy so you can come and listen to what kind of experience you will get from this kind of setup.

We'll be doing more.day van conversions and Halo roof installations and we're looking at air ride again but looking at other avenues.

I don't want to loose track of our core services that we offer but to make this work for us financially we need to offer more as a company to you guys. As always anything we offer we will do so with the same care, passion and eye to detail as we do with all our work.

If there's anything you want doing please feel free to contact us either on here or through the website or one of our social media platforms.

Have a great week guys

Cheers
Chris & Tracy

Hi Chris, many thanks for the instal of a high mount rear camera, remap, EGR delete and adblue solution done last week - and sorry again that my 2017 T6 EU6 150 didn't behave in respect of the remapping. Not at all your fault, or my van's as it turned out, but you persevered and got it sorted, spending a lot more time on it yet honouring the quote for which I'm very grateful. Haven't done many miles in it since but it is most definitely smoother and pulls better. Smiles all round and highly recommended.

Thanks again.

I think this might be my first actual post. So, having lurked and made much use of the forum’s combined wisdom and experience I thought I’d contribute in the form of a review for Chris @Dav-Tec.

First up I ordered a retrimmed MFSW from him over Christmas, arrived well packaged and was exactly what I was looking for. Quality was top-notch as was Chris’ service. Pic below following install:
D48D7E96-9EDA-483D-9838-41D2902E340F.jpeg

Following this initial foray, I thought I’d ping him an email (quite a few in the end) to discuss some questionable work I’d had done and wasn’t too happy with.

Following much advice and absolutely no sign of a hard-sell on anything, I ended up with a list of stuff to fix and install. The next challenge was getting there, I’m about 3 hours from Chris… but it turns out it wasn’t a challenge, he waited for me to arrive at his unit well past closing time, allowing me to get nearly a full day’s work in.

Anyway, the install. He did the Dashcam (q800 pro), wireless charging tray, new sub, new amp, two rear speakers with his mounting pods and the halo 9 head unit (shout out to @Texxaco for offering up his real life experience on that one too, appreciate it), alpine rear cam and of course he tuned the lot. Went with the DSP amp and I’m incredibly glad I did. He knows his stuff, as others have mentioned, he also likes things to be just so… and if someone is touching your van, I think you want to see that level of attention to detail.

Sound quality from the install genuinely exceeded my expectations, had a massive smile on my face the whole way home. Some pics below:

85C5CF5D-441C-4267-AF56-43EE11114D54.jpeg3C9E9EB1-0583-4E6E-B1D0-8908AA7570B7.jpeg

44C15155-647B-44DC-A48D-C8280129CA10.jpeg0D6310E4-6215-46D1-9F45-2835C4BB5D36.jpeg

Glad your happy with the service and end results. The Audison Forza stuff is truly brilliant and a game changer in car audio. If you love your music it's the way to go and I'm working on a couple of different DSP packages at the minute but as always I can do anything to suit q customers needs.

Just wish I could capture customers reactions to a well thought out and setup system.

Don't believe in a hard sell either. Needs to be the right product for the customer.

Thanks for the feedback Chris and hopefully see you soon for those other upgrades!

2019 102bhp Highline remap.

This was done by Chris @Dav-Tec back on 7th February. I’d seen lots of horror stories and internet regurgitation. However, based on some positive outcomes for forum members thought I would take the plunge.

Initial thoughts. The difference pre and post remap were night and day. Previously struggled to accelerate up slipways to join motorways, almost like the engine was artificially limited. Now acceleration is not a problem and I’ve rarely got my foot pinned to the floor as I had to previously. Two reasons the engine feels like it can breathe and the difference in torque allows progress, so much so I rarely plant my foot now.

So, many talk about potential gearbox issues, but the mapping Chris does ensures the torque does not exceed the safe parameters set by VW and nor does he chase BHP. I was really clear when Chris and I talked that BHP was not of interest, just wanted a Camper that drove well.

So now a couple of months on and still all going well, completed a few thousands miles since and not dropped a beat.

Would I recommend Dav-Tec to perform this custom remap for other 102bhp owners...
100 percent - graphs below showing much smoother lines rather than the original up, straight line and then down married to the peaks and troughs. I’ll defer to Chris for a fuller explanation

Whilst the van was in, Chris put in another couple of 3 pin plug sockets and did the ad blu delete. Highly recommended and quality work.

Thanks

08C62041-DE8E-4DC9-8E69-C9BEA94C636C.jpeg57046B4F-300A-4AE3-B2AF-BE602348F8E6.jpeg

My (sometimes hateful:thumbsdown:) van spent another long but successful day with Chris & Co @Dav-Tec having the suspension replaced & upgraded.

Not having the time or the energy to do it myself, even though I’m capable of doing it, it made sense to travel the 100 miles to him, just for the banter if nothing else:rofl:

Having heard from Chris that he was going to be working as an installation agent for @CRS Performance & wanting the existing set up (fitted by the vans previous owner) replaced due to knocking/corrosion, excessive cornering roll & with the vans 1st MOT looming in the next few months it made sense to break open the piggy-bank. It had Bilstein B8’s all round & lowering springs BTW.

As my van has an ADAS camera which has been a nightmare WRT calibration & Chris knows the history & has the diagnostic abilities to troubleshoot it, the aim after Chris’ usual good comms back & forth over a few days was to keep the current ride height & stance to negate this by fitting a full H&R coil over set up + H&R ARB’s F&R.

Suffice to say after a long day and a few hurdles jumped/knuckles bruised all is good.

Having replaced a set up on probably the hardest transporter to do (in Steve’s opinion @CRS Performance) , being a heavy PV van conversion with pop roof/Velle interior, T32 4motion with ADAS & swapping ARB’s, without needing an ADAS recalibration is a great achievement for a 1st paid suspension job.

The body roll is now gone, the comfort & overall handling is improved, & the bloody ADAS is happy!

So overall now I don’t have to actively avoid local potholes & the van has minimal roll on roundabouts & I’d happily recommend Chris to do yours if you don’t want to travel the extra distance/time to Steve @CRS Performance.

Thanks Chris & Ian:thumbsup: (& Steve), hope all the bruises & cut knuckles heal up soon;)

A few pictures of shiny suspension for you before I cover it in more muck driving our battered local road network.

Front H&R-1.jpg

Rear H&R-1.jpg

After H&R Transplant.jpg

Just had my T6 camper in for a remap with Chris. Absolutely spot on service. Went above and beyond and resulted in a van that runs as it should, with a perfectly smooth power curve.
Completely professional, thorough, meticulous and extremely knowledgable. There isn’t much he doesn’t know about them. Already saving for my next project bits, will be back there without doubt.
Thanks Chris

@Iain220! / @Dav-Tec. What remap is it please? Do you know PS before and after?
Hi mate, we use an I dependant file writer we work very closely with so we can offer the best service in-house.

We don't fixate on power figures as we find with the transporters it's about the driveability and delivery of the power.

We don't have a Dyno and we do live data logging which we send to our file writer so the map is made based on real world data and not what some test lab style Dyno is saying, we have many reasons for this but that's just a summary of my views.

We have proven before that we do however keep up with and beat the bigger branded companies out there so typical gains on a 102ps/250Nm engined vehicle is around 170ps/360Nm but again not something we fixate on, it's very much how it drives, how it's delivered and most importantly is it safe.

Cheers
Chris

Back