Routing Dash-Cam Cable through Tailgate

If you mount it on the internal body it will still make good visual and you wouldn't need to do all the fishing of wires blah blah and it will give a good view in the wiper sweep as well. downside it is easy to knock if putting stuff in and out of the van however never really a big issue for me to be honest.

Yeah I think it’s just because you automatically think of putting a camera at the level you’d line up with the rear view mirror. I also used to have mine fitted to the back of the vanshade at that level before I removed it. Possibly less likely to be knocked/damaged when tucked higher up, but otherwise I think at the bottom of the window is fine.

Sorry to barge in on this one. Been really useful reading about the cable routing from front to back and getting it through the rubber gaiter etc.

I've purchased a camera that physically replaces the nearside number plate housing so I need to get access to the back of the number plate (tailgate not barn doors) and I've read everywhere that you just undo the 2 screws where the inside strap fits then use trim tools to lever the whole trim off. But I'm buggered if I can find anywhere that gives at all when I pop various sizes of trim tool into the edge. I've tried the sides, top and bottom. I'm notorious for breaking clips and fixings so don't want to keep prising until something pops. Anyone able to offer any advice on this?

2013 Caravelle Exec.

Sorry to barge in on this one. Been really useful reading about the cable routing from front to back and getting it through the rubber gaiter etc.

I've purchased a camera that physically replaces the nearside number plate housing so I need to get access to the back of the number plate (tailgate not barn doors) and I've read everywhere that you just undo the 2 screws where the inside strap fits then use trim tools to lever the whole trim off. But I'm buggered if I can find anywhere that gives at all when I pop various sizes of trim tool into the edge. I've tried the sides, top and bottom. I'm notorious for breaking clips and fixings so don't want to keep prising until something pops. Anyone able to offer any advice on this?

2013 Caravelle Exec.
My camera is located at the bottom of rear window centre and above wiper motor. Perfect then cable threaded inside tail gate to rubber gaitor.

My camera is located at the bottom of rear window centre and above wiper motor. Perfect then cable threaded inside tail gate to rubber gaitor.
Hi Smiley. That's my problem, getting into the tailgate. All attempts with trim tools have failed and I know I'm going to break something

Hi Smiley. That's my problem, getting into the tailgate. All attempts with trim tools have failed and I know I'm going to break something
I have a fish rod from screw fix. Just take your time and thread it down the tail gate channel. Wrap pvc tape around end of wire and dashcam lead and pull it through. Take your time.

2013 Caravelle Exec.
there are 4 screws there rather than 2 double check it

I have a fish rod from screw fix. Just take your time and thread it down the tail gate channel. Wrap pvc tape around end of wire and dashcam lead and pull it through. Take your time.

This is the camera I'm fitting so I need to be running cable from the back of the number plate fixing all the way to the rubber gaiter. I can't see that being possible with just fish rods which is why I'm trying to get the actual trim panel off the back of the tailgate. Just can't seem to get it to budge around the edges.
1725011330819.png

Back