Self de-badging

Has anyone thought about placing the Transporter letters across the bonnet where they’ve fitted a badge less grille? I think it’d look smart.

6B60E8B7-015F-446E-80C8-2A9C6534AA8A.jpeg

how easy is it to de badge the tailgate? Never done before and don’t want to knacker the paint.

E3F6F451-659E-4219-8D38-D81DF72B1E95.jpeg

Simple, get some fishing line and pull it behind the badges. I think used some tar and glue remover to get remnants of the sticky pads off.

Really simple, you can also use a hairdryer just to warm up the letters to make the glue even more tacky.

I used a hairdryer and some dental floss then wd40 to remove the sticky black foam ....take your time and then give it a good polish and wax afterwards

As above, hair dryer or a hot airgun, put your hand by the badges to get an idea of temperature then some floss to work in a sawing action behind the badges. Use a solvent such as panel Wipe or isopyl or wd40 etc to remove any left over adhesive.

I've de-badged pretty much every vehicle I've owned and I never use floss, wire, hacksaw blades etc.

My method is warm up and just twist each letter with your fingers. Simple :thumbsup:

Any double sided tape left should roll up on your dry thumb.

This is what is behind the badge - took a while to get the sticky adhesive tape off! Ps you shouldn’t have a rusty hole though!o_O

E17AAB33-D3DB-4C2D-B5A2-33C6DC4F7D10.jpeg

775A62E9-F59B-4E5F-938C-23358F541ECA.jpeg

Back