Single most useful thing

Yes forgot to say we have a Thetford - but we just don’t use the toilet tent - it is a real bonus for quick stop overs or days out (ours has to stays in the boot as too tall to go under the seat as was from our tent days).

So will add that as number 5)
Thetfords are for number 1 and 2 only - if you've reached 5 you've had far too much beer or curry...

Some good ideas on this similar thread

Thetfords are for number 1 and 2 only - if you've reached 5 you've had far too much beer or curry...
345 apparently, what you are supposed to do for the other 20 days who knows, maybe the new model is under development

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
1. Porta potti is a life saver for our kids, especially when the eldest decides to be sick in the middle of the night :sick:
2. Electric blanket for underneath sleeping bags in the poptop when it's not warm enough for the kids. Mini electric fan heater for us as we don't have a diesel heater.

Reactions: CAB
Oh it might be something essential that I forgot that my wife and I have and use (and much beloved of winter or high altitude mountaineers so you don’t have to get out of a tent!): the pee-bottle?!
Got it in one. I’m deeply impressed.

Nighthawk Coverless duvet ….. say goodbye to the sleeping bag zip!
And makes it easy to use the P.B.
In conjunction with a fleece sheet makes for a cosy night!

Got it in one. I’m deeply impressed.
I don’t think most people would have! You were unlucky that a rare mountaineering type familiar with the concept was on here and on the particular thread…

They’re absolutely brilliant for the van.
But I think there’s probably quite a section of people who are a bit squeamish about anything like that or frankly half the things to do with their own bodies!!

I don’t think most people would have! You were unlucky that a rare mountaineering type familiar with the concept was on here and on the particular thread…

They’re absolutely brilliant for the van.
But I think there’s probably quite a section of people who are a bit squeamish about anything like that or frankly half the things to do with their own bodies!!
Bought one (or a variation of one) just a couple of days ago. Wife says we're deffo not going anywhere where there aren't facilities and I keep saying it's "just in case".

Bought one (or a variation of one) just a couple of days ago. Wife says we're deffo not going anywhere where there aren't facilities and I keep saying it's "just in case".
When it's a choice between the PB (or, I'm assuming the variation being the SW) and getting dressed, getting out the van, walking the 50/500 yards to the toilet block, well the PB is going to win every time! :rofl:

Totally and the lid screws back on tightly because the thought of knocking over an open pb isn’t good.
No more freezing your b0llocks off at the nearest bush middle of the night.
I'm not at the age (yet!) where I need to get up to pee several times during the night, but it's still useful when you've had a couple of beers and your bladder is full right as you're getting into bed, or the next mooring, being awoken by a full bladder and not being sure if you'd make it the half a mile to the toilet block!

For me, it has to be the awning and the inflatable sofa bed.
Trying to share the R&R bed with the wife, a dog that insists on sleeping under the duvet and a farting collie got too much, we then added another collie who insists on spread eagling himself on you whilst he is upside down doesn't make for a good nights sleep.
And if the gas emitting from the dog (or the wife) is too odorous then I can always jump in the van.

Back