Sound-deadening and Thermal Insulation of Cab

The scuttle is basically the area at the base of the windscreen/back of the bonnet. Typically where the wipers are mounted. Sound deadening here and the bulkhead behind the engine will go a long way toward reducing engine noise in the cabin.

Apologies if this has been covered but what's best to sound deaden underneath the felt trim on the underside of the bonnet please.
1000047402.jpg

Apologies if this has been covered but what's best to sound deaden underneath the felt trim on the underside of the bonnet please.
View attachment 247426
I used the heaviest gauge Dynamat as I had some left over, it doesn’t make much difference but only takes a few minutes.

I used the heaviest gauge Dynamat as I had some left over, it doesn’t make much difference but only takes a few minutes.
What gauge was that? And how much do you think I'll need to buy to cover it all?

Thanks

What gauge was that? And how much do you think I'll need to buy to cover it all?

Thanks
I think it was 1.6mm from memory and I covered it all and it wasn’t really any different.
The front wings on the other hand ring like gongs, access from behind the wheel arch liner.

I think it was 1.6mm from memory and I covered it all and it wasn’t really any different.
The front wings on the other hand ring like gongs, access from behind the wheel arch liner.
The wheel arch liner sounds beyond my mechanical technicalities I'm afraid

The wheel arch liner sounds beyond my mechanical technicalities I'm afraid
They are easy, remove, clean, cover the back face with 10mm self adhesive foam, press back in place, take and impression of the contact areas, remove and cut out the contact areas, refit with slightly longer screws.

They are easy, remove, clean, cover with 10mm self adhesive foam, press back in place, take and impression of the contact areas, remove and cut out the contact areas, refit with slightly longer screws.
All 4 wheels off type of job?

I used the sound deadening mats, I watched the video from Greg Virgoe (YouTube) and he recommended PeaceMAT XS sound deadening from Ebay.
So bought that and to be honest I can tell you, it made a big difference.

I used the sound deadening mats, I watched the video from Greg Virgoe (YouTube) and he recommended PeaceMAT XS sound deadening from Ebay.
So bought that and to be honest I can tell you, it made a big difference.
Thanks very much for the reply. It looks easy enough to diy it at home (if you're referring to under the bonnet sound deadening)

Back