Spec for New Van

Clipboard2008

Hi All

Been browsing the forum for a few months now and think I have finalised my spec on my T6

We currently have an Amarok which I use for work and family trips but we've found there just isn't enough room with 3 boys (5 year old and 14 month old twins!) So looking to buy a T6 that will last us a long time and splash out on options that we believe we will need

T32 LWB Kombi 204PS DSG Indium Grey
- Heated front seats
- Discover navigation
- 2+1 split rear seats
- Rear camera with front and rear parking sensors
- LED headlights and tail lights
- Twin sliding electric doors
- Removable tow bar with 13 pin electrics
- Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
- App connect
- Power latching tailgate
- High beam assist
- Additional dust seal

Few questions I have:
- Is the Sat Nav worth it? I have factory sat nav in my Amarok and really not impressed with it. Always seems to take me a longer way than necessary (played with the settings quote a lot and no improvements!)
- I'm also looking at adding the rear A/C and heating. I'm just not sure again whether this is worth the £765+VAT. Does it provide much more comfort to the back or am I better looking at something else?
- Any suggestions on where to get the best deal?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Clipboard2008

sounds like a great spec to me, i have the A/C and heating in mine for the same reasons as you. I have not done many mines yet so i can't offer to much info on them but the rear heater seems to make a good difference in the rear from what i can tell. There maybe someone on here who has more experience of it than me or maybe a better alternative.
Twin electric door are a must with kids and brill :thumbsup:

We always insulate and carpet ours and never have an issue with it getting too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer. With the captains chairs in the front, the centre vents do an excellent job of providing hot or cold air to the rear seat passengers - And I've had the rear heater and air con before, but don't find it necessary now. Otherwise its a great spec.

I have to say I find it one of the better fitted sat nav's around, and good value compared to other models on the market. The sat nav works particularly well when hooked up to your phones hotspot - You then get live traffic and its routes around all the hold ups. App connect is very good too, giving you full control of your phone, and full use of SIRI (if you have an iPhone).

We are always happy to quote

I had rear heater and air con in my last kombi ,the air con was good in summer ,as it blows from roof vents .the rear heater is OK but works on recycle only so after a while the windows start to steam up .
I have only had my kombi 3 weeks ,but really like the discover media head unit
Rest of you spec not bad ,extra dust seal and cab carpet worth having .

We always insulate and carpet ours and never have an issue with it getting too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer. With the captains chairs in the front, the centre vents do an excellent job of providing hot or cold air to the rear seat passengers - And I've had the rear heater and air con before, but don't find it necessary now. Otherwise its a great spec.

I have to say I find it one of the better fitted sat nav's around, and good value compared to other models on the market. The sat nav works particularly well when hooked up to your phones hotspot - You then get live traffic and its routes around all the hold ups. App connect is very good too, giving you full control of your phone, and full use of SIRI (if you have an iPhone).

We are always happy to quote

Thanks for this. On one of your other posts you mentioned that the comfort dash was now going to be order able. Is this the case as my local dealer is saying that it isn't available.

With regards to quoting shall I PM you?

I came from a Amarok to a T6 and i wouldn't go back to a truck but though the V6 Amarok and new Merc are tempting me.

I like the Discover Media unit and would spec it again, have you got the 315 unit in the Amarok?

The rear ventilation is well worth having in my eyes, heats and cools the whole vehicle a lot quicker. The cool air comes out over head and the heat is kicked out from the vent in the that faces forward. @StudleyGlass also has it so be good to see his views. Again I would definitely order it again.

I wish I could have gone for the electric sliders but they won't let you spec it on a panel van build. Only thing I really wish I had got is the factory fuel burning heaters as I have a make shift bed and stay away a few nights all year round.

Regarding best deals I would stick to the dealer network as they are a lot easier to work with if things go wrong rather than a broker. I found Imperial at Nottingham gave me the best deal on my Amarok buy quite a few K.

Hi All

Been browsing the forum for a few months now and think I have finalised my spec on my T6

We currently have an Amarok which I use for work and family trips but we've found there just isn't enough room with 3 boys (5 year old and 14 month old twins!) So looking to buy a T6 that will last us a long time and splash out on options that we believe we will need

T32 LWB Kombi 204PS DSG Indium Grey
- Heated front seats
- Discover navigation
- 2+1 split rear seats
- Rear camera with front and rear parking sensors
- LED headlights and tail lights
- Twin sliding electric doors
- Removable tow bar with 13 pin electrics
- Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
- App connect
- Power latching tailgate
- High beam assist
- Additional dust seal

Few questions I have:
- Is the Sat Nav worth it? I have factory sat nav in my Amarok and really not impressed with it. Always seems to take me a longer way than necessary (played with the settings quote a lot and no improvements!)
- I'm also looking at adding the rear A/C and heating. I'm just not sure again whether this is worth the £765+VAT. Does it provide much more comfort to the back or am I better looking at something else?
- Any suggestions on where to get the best deal?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for this. On one of your other posts you mentioned that the comfort dash was now going to be order able. Is this the case as my local dealer is saying that it isn't available.

With regards to quoting shall I PM you?

Definitely available to order. And yes pm me for a quote

Thanks for this.

Are any of you getting carpets in your Kombi or are you sticking with rubber in the front then carpet mats?

Cheers

When I ordered my comfort dash the cab carpet was activated as an option with it.
It took VW sales U.K. actually calling my dealer and telling him it was an option before they acknowledged that it was and got on the case. Strangely when they added it, they didn't know what the activated extra item was.... it was the next day they discovered it was the cab carpet.

As far as Discover media goes it's up to you, a few people say it's a bit long-winded when you input the destination, I went for the composition media unit with app connect and it uses the apple maps on my iphone and displays it on the screen, works a treat!

Not sure how much quicker the new unit is but our old Cali Satnav took almost a minute to switch on!
Current stereo? One second.
And the Garmin Nuvi with speed camera warnings, speed limits, near photo graphics at major junctions and free updates for life? About three seconds.

As far as Discover media goes it's up to you, a few people say it's a bit long-winded when you input the destination, I went for the composition media unit with app connect and it uses the apple maps on my iphone and displays it on the screen, works a treat!

Does apple maps use data from your data plan when used for navigation.

Ok next question is going to put the cat among the pigeons!

Comfort Dash is now order able, however in ordering that I will lose the rear heating. Comfort Dash (£370+VAT) versus Rear Heating (£765+VAT) or uncluttered dash and clean lines versus warm wife & twins

I am having the 2 captain chairs rather than bench seat if this helps?

@Gingercoastie Yes it does, but maps somehow uses tiny amounts of data, I only have a 2gb per month data allowance, I have maps on a lot in the Kombi and along with all the other apps I use that gobble data I have never gone over my allowance...

Back