Swapping my leisure battery to LiFePO4

I don't have a shunt. I left the van parked for quite a while presumably with a slight drain, and my LB went flat. However the BMS said it was 100%. Sort of caused me a chunk of confusion until this forum explained to me the limitations of the BMS.
Still don't have a shunt, but the solar controller keeps the battery topped up. Not had a problem since then.

The shunt is such an easy option though as it's the last device before the negative post on the leisure battery so it doesn't matter what combination of earth's to the body or to a neutral busbar and then the body as long as the LB doesn't connect to any of the vehicle body before going through the shunt then you know what's in the battery.:geek:
An isolator between the LB live post and the various lives in and out means they can all be isolated and on the Renogy shunt the display can be the exception and left connected to the battery and still show the isolated battery content admittedly with the microscopic drain of the shunt display.

Back