T6.1 Heater blowing Hot-Air only

They never used to sell it on its own. There’s a guy on here that 3d prints the part and they are spot on. I’ve changed a few now without removing the dash.
I think I have the same issue. How do you go about changing it without removing the dash?

Hi , it’s a straightforward job but very fiddly. Remove divers side lower dash trim and the one above that has the lighting switch - it’s on you tube. Look up and you can see the side of the heater box.
You should be able to see the bit broken off. if it’s stuck on hot make sure the temp control is set to hot. Try and take a few pics with your phone so that you can study the various levers before removing! Good luck.

IMG_1359.png

Hi , it’s a straightforward job but very fiddly. Remove divers side lower dash trim and the one above that has the lighting switch - it’s on you tube. Look up and you can see the side of the heater box.
You should be able to see the bit broken off. if it’s stuck on hot make sure the temp control is set to hot. Try and take a few pics with your phone so that you can study the various levers before removing! Good luck.

View attachment 222199
Thanks, I'll give it a go

There’s a guy on here that sells the part 3d printed. Excellent quality too. Then as said you need to go up to it. You’ll need to remove the servo to get the old arm off of it. It’s a bit of a faf but doable. I’ve done a few now and always say never again.
Just make sure the servo isn’t siezed which would cause it to break, and that you have the flap in the right position to the dial.

There’s a guy on here that sells the part 3d printed. Excellent quality too. Then as said you need to go up to it. You’ll need to remove the servo to get the old arm off of it. It’s a bit of a faf but doable. I’ve done a few now and always say never again.
Just make sure the servo isn’t siezed which would cause it to break, and that you have the flap in the right position to the dial.
So I’m currently halfway through this exact job, as in the servo is off and I have the broken parts in front of me. I’m gonna try glueing the original part but if that fails, it shouldn’t be too hard to print a replacement part (opting for the easiest option right now). Thanks for the heads up on this not requiring removal of the full dash, although the missing skin on my fingers suggests otherwise!

Finally! After a very protracted period of delays by the Service centre / VW warranty I have now got the heating system attended to. So no longer a mobile sauna ! Also joy of joys the infotainment system has been repaired / upgraded software. No longer freezing and no sound . VW have a lot to answer for with these well documented issues but now things are fixed I am back in love with my Kombi.
DMF noise reported and logged. Now waiting for warranty approval.
Ps they lent me a zero spec Transporter which made me fully appreciate my creature comforts :)

Hi, I believe I have the same issue see attached video. The servo moves when the dial is turned. Not a lot but a few degrees. Nothing else moves but can be moved manually hot to cold. Looks like servo white part and another part missing.

Thanks for advice

Screenshot_20240326_113351_Gallery.jpg

Hi Very common issue on T6.1. ! See my posts above. Hopefully you are still in warranty. Even if you aren’t VW know that this a premature failure so give them some stick. Good Luck

Just got in my t6.1 and drove back from the coast where I'm working. Nice sunny day so I turned the temperature dial down probably the first time this year. Within minutes I realized the AC wasn't working then for the rest of the 100 mile trip I had to have the window open as the heating was on full even though the dial was on cold.

Has anyone had this is there anything that needs resetting ?
I now have the same problem on a 201 t6.1, it's out of warranty, joke

Hi Very common issue on T6.1. ! See my posts above. Hopefully you are still in warranty. Even if you aren’t VW know that this a premature failure so give them some stick. Good Luck
Thank you for your information as I now have the same problem this post helped me alot ,am out of warranty and book in, in six weeks so I'll be in a sauna till then let's see what they say, under no circumstances am I paying for this on a relatively new van

Well, got it rebooked for last week and thankfully after two days it was done. Aircon temperature is now adjustable again, which is a godsend as the weather is hotting up! Also the door cables recall was done but they haven't clipped the passenger door panel back on properly! Hey ho, I've had ongoing communication with VW HQ who will log my issues, leave it on the system to reclip the door panel the next time it's in a VW van centre and I think they're going to offer something in the way of compensation for the total shambles it's been to get this booked in anywhere (and the fiasco of that booking being messed up and a wasted day plus over two hours on the road for nothing!). I think they said a free service when it's due, so we'll see.
In a sense I'm sort of glad the heating fault occurred while trying to get the door cable recall booked in as it's all been done in a oner now.... time will tell if this fault reappears or if the replacement motor arm thing that snapped is a new version now. They couldn't confirm if it's a redesigned part or not. I told VW UK about what I've learnt about this fault, and given that many are snapping at between 12 and 18 months of the T6.1's life they can expect numerous vans in under warranty, twice if the replacement part isn't redesigned to not snap. Imagine that, nearly half a million vans in for two or three days, and doing that twice during the three year warranty period for the same fault? Here's hoping (and it's a vague hope to be frank) that VW sort this one properly as even their technician guy recognised to me that it's a common fault! Fingers crossed eh, but it really puts you off the brand.

Hi, Thankyou for such a helpful thread. I have managed to get my VW T6.1 from always on cold to the temperature being hot by manually adjusting the plastic arm. The arm doesn't need replacing as it isnt faulty but i think the servo controlled box doesn't work - is this equally tough to replace from underneath or is it a dash out jobby? Also where could i buy one from? Thanks in advance chaps. Steve

It is 17 degrees in the South West of England now and whilst driving home with the Co-driver we both noticed hot air was blowing out the side vents. I looked and saw the fan was not even on!! Is this the same issue?

It is 17 degrees in the South West of England now and whilst driving home with the Co-driver we both noticed hot air was blowing out the side vents. I looked and saw the fan was not even on!! Is this the same issue?
I dont get the same no, i just cant operate the temperature dial. Hot and cold air work fine but the i think the servo box has gone capput so its not operating the plastic arm. I can move the plastic arm manually to get hold and cold though - not sure if you message was in reply to mine but i thought id pop one back to you just inacse mate. Cheers

Mine has just gone, if it's just the actuator arm, should you still be able to hear the motor? Adjusted back to cold manually for now

Back