T6.1 new order delays

I was informed by Low-Cost Vans that the dealer increased the price of the van due to inflation and the original order I signed in Sept 21 was void as I hadn't been given a delivery date. The increase was only something like £50pm (business lease-purchase) which I accepted as it came out as the same price I was already paying for the Van I got in 2018. I did question it as I signed a contract but couldn't be arsed to take it further as it was still within budget.
Interesting. I'm currently in dispute with my dealer as I believe they're in breach of the contract due to increasing the price without providing the required notice. All still ongoing, so we'll see how that plays out.

Reactions: CJW
If you don’t mind me asking
Was it a small increase or sheep stations ?
Not sure who you're aiming your question at mate. @marcbarrow's increase was an extra £50 per month on his monthly finance payment. My increase was £2300 cash.

Interesting. I'm currently in dispute with my dealer as I believe they're in breach of the contract due to increasing the price without providing the required notice. All still ongoing, so we'll see how that plays out.
Just be aware if you play hard ball with them, all they'll do is offer to cancel your order and give you your deposit back. I've seen cancelled build slots re-allocated within an hour of cancellation. If you want your van, you're at the mercy of good will rather than anything contractual

Last edited:
Just be aware if you play hard ball with them, all they'll do is offer to cancel your order and give you your deposit back. I've seen cancelled build slots re-allocated within an hour of cancellation. If you want your van, your at the mercy of good will rather than anything contractual
Yeah, I'm aware of the leverage that they think they have.

Yeah, I'm aware of the leverage that they think they have.
Theres no think about it.
Read the clauses in the contract. There will be one stating they reserve the right to cancel your order at any point or sometimes it's got conditions attached to it but one of them is typically variations in cost. It's fairly standard for vehicle contracts.

Also they sometimes get around it by your deposit purchasing a build slots rather than funding towards the actual vehicle.

Last edited:
Theres no think about it.
Read the clauses in the contract. There will be one stating they reserve the right to cancel your order at any point or sometimes it's got conditions attached to it but one of them is typically variations in cost. It's fairly standard for vehicle contracts.

Also they sometimes get around it by your deposit purchasing a build slots rather than funding towards the actual vehicle.
I've paid in-full for the van (including the price rise); the van is registered to me; and I'm in possession of the V5C. Legally, the van is mine.

None of the above detracts from the formal complaint I have raised with the dealership, the basis of which is that they have breached the terms of the contract and that I am seeking a refund of the price increase.

@Bav £2300 is worth going for . I’ve got my fingers crossed for you .. as for £50 a month if it’s like a four year lease that’s £2400 extra not too dissimilar but with tax advantages.
I can save 10% ( no GST) on the final sale price if I register the van with my business

@Bav £2300 is worth going for . I’ve got my fingers crossed for you .. as for £50 a month if it’s like a four year lease that’s £2400 extra not too dissimilar but with tax advantages.
I can save 10% ( no GST) on the final sale price if I register the van with my business
Cheers buddy. Gonna give it my best shot. :thumbsup:

I've paid in-full for the van (including the price rise); the van is registered to me; and I'm in possession of the V5C. Legally, the van is mine.

None of the above detracts from the formal complaint I have raised with the dealership, the basis of which is that they have breached the terms of the contract and that I am seeking a refund of the price increase.
Fair enough!

I'd be surprised if you get anywhere as the price increase has come from VW rather than the franchise dealer but good luck, you never know!

Reactions: Bav
Finally got call to say van is in the UK and will be with me with a new reg in March .

There was a slight increase but now have 2 services included and it’s not a lot . I’ve waited this long am not going to refuse for the matter of less than £1000 .

Now trying to plan the serious stuff like getting it booked into @CRS Performance . Wheels and tyres to purchase and a ceramic booked .

I know this might not be the thread but does anyone have any recommendations for the gloss black dog bone insert and gloss black grill sections , THQ or Leighton ???

Finally got call to say van is in the UK and will be with me with a new reg in March .

There was a slight increase but now have 2 services included and it’s not a lot . I’ve waited this long am not going to refuse for the matter of less than £1000 .

Now trying to plan the serious stuff like getting it booked into @CRS Performance . Wheels and tyres to purchase and a ceramic booked .

I know this might not be the thread but does anyone have any recommendations for the gloss black dog bone insert and gloss black grill sections , THQ or Leighton ???
Great news.

Don’t think you would go far wrong at any of the above places.

I had the original grilles and dog bone sprayed at Leighton, they also sell aftermarket ready gloss versions.

Used THQ LED lights and they are spot on.

Congrats @Bav . The million dollar question is , was it worth the wait to finally drive it ?
Not driven it yet mate - it was delivered straight to VisionTech for a full conversion. I'll let you know in another 8 weeks. :thumbsup:

Not driven it yet mate - it was delivered straight to VisionTech for a full conversion. I'll let you know in another 8 weeks. :thumbsup:
Congratulations Bav. It finally happened then.

Looks like I’ll be signing out of this thread too since I’ve totally given up on ever seeing the LWB 4Motion DSG 204PS Highline that I ordered back in June 2021 through a VW approved campervan converter. Unbelievably it’s still showing at status 10 according to the converter.

Enjoy your van.

Congratulations Bav. It finally happened then.

Looks like I’ll be signing out of this thread too since I’ve totally given up on ever seeing the LWB 4Motion DSG 204PS Highline that I ordered back in June 2021 through a VW approved campervan converter. Unbelievably it’s still showing at status 10 according to the converter.

Enjoy your van.
Cheers. I hope yours comes through soon - apparently the order book has closed on all 204PS vans, so hopefully there'll be no more orders pushing in front of you in the queue!

Back