T6.1 new order delays

That's what my dealer has told me too... and mine is a 204ps and 4Mo and twin slider and and and....

Will I ever see it? Beginning to doubt it tbh

Ordered Sep 2021
Hang on in there - you ordered 4 months after me and 4 months ago I was beginning to doubt mine would ever arrive.

On the upside, a late 204PS 4mo ICE van with all the toys could become an instant classic and have extremely good residuals.

Hey Jordan,
Glad to hear that.
I ordered mine from Cornwallis Heathrow on the 10th June ‘21 but still no confirmed build date.
Dealer blames:
1. Covid.
2. Semi-conductors from Taiwan.
3. The war in Ukraine.
4. The spec of my order.
5. 4motion.
What next?

Estimate build date week fifteen but I’ve heard it all before.
So many plans. Life’s on hold. Still have hope though.
Ordered the black edition 77 weeks ago. In the same boat as you. So many plans bit everything is on hold at the moment

Hang on in there - you ordered 4 months after me and 4 months ago I was beginning to doubt mine would ever arrive.

On the upside, a late 204PS 4mo ICE van with all the toys could become an instant classic and have extremely good residuals.
I've literally ticked every box on the order form (including inadvertently the 2 year lead time box...) so yes it will be sweet when/if it arrives....

Dealer is fairly keen on me taking a stock van & cancelling this order (I think he wants to sell mine at RRP+x% if I cancel...!)

I've literally ticked every box on the order form (including inadvertently the 2 year lead time box...) so yes it will be sweet when/if it arrives....

Dealer is fairly keen on me taking a stock van & cancelling this order (I think he wants to sell mine at RRP+x% if I cancel...!)
I bet they are.

Hi guys Iv got a build date for my sportline black edition which is due May or sooner.. I’m looking at selling the spot tho as I got a sportline on a cancellation and needed it for business etc. If there is anyone who maybe interested in this one Iv got coming I’m happy to talk.

I checked with my campervan converter today who told that my order (for a LWB 4Motion 204 DSG Highline with lots of options ordered June 2021) has just moved status. That got me quite excited until they told me it is now showing as status 00 (it was previously 10) with no estimated build week shown whatsoever. :mad:

In spite of this, they mentioned that VW HQ have said they are committed to supplying ALL pre-existing orders even though they have closed the books to new orders (for 204PS 4Motions).

I checked with my campervan converter today who told that my order (for a LWB 4Motion 204 DSG Highline with lots of options ordered June 2021) has just moved status. That got me quite excited until they told me it is now showing as status 00 (it was previously 10) with no estimated build week shown whatsoever. :mad:
FFS :mad:
In spite of this, they mentioned that VW HQ have said they are committed to supplying ALL pre-existing orders even though they have closed the books to new orders (for 204PS 4Motions).
That's kind of them. :rolleyes:

I’ve been told a build week( drum roll )
13 ..then deliver around august that’s around a 21 month wait, it is what it is
Meanwhile two days ago VW sent me a email asking me if I change my order from a 4m to a normal drive train I may get it quicker on a start again new order with almost every option !!!!!!
It’s now official VW have gone loopy, it is so illogical it defies belief ‍

…latest news from my dealer yesterday who’s been told by the Don Quixote ( aka VW)
The next commercial van will be the T8 made in Spain .

I’ve been told a build week( drum roll )
13 ...

…latest news from my dealer yesterday who’s been told by the Don Quixote ( aka VW)
The next commercial van will be the T8 made in Spain .

Result….you’ve got a build date.

On the subject of the ‘T8‘, in June 2020, Ford and Volkswagen issued a joint press statement announcing a partnership agreement - codenamed Project Cyclone - covering a number of joint-venture projects for commercial vehicles and EVs. One such project that is expected to come on stream later this year or early next, is the next generation Transporter medium van (T8). However, this will be built alongside the next generation Transit at the Ford Otosan assembly plant in Turkey which currently builds Transits and Transit Customs, and not in Spain.

Under the agreement,Ford is responsible for developing the platform for both the one-tonne (Transit Custom and Transporter) and two-tonne (Transit and Crafter) models so it sounds like the VW Transporter medium van will be a badge-engineered Transit Custom in future. This suggests all production of Transporters T6.1s will cease sometime this year as the Hannover plant moves over to the manufacture of VW EVs (ID Buzz, etc.). VW have said that the forthcoming T7 Multivan range will be exclusively passenger-carrying vehicles so it seems unlikely this model will actually be a replacement for the T6.1 other than for the Caravelle version.

As part of the agreement, Ford and Volkswagen also announced that they would jointly develop a small Caddy-based city delivery van to be built by Volkswagen. According to the announcement, this Connect/Caddy will be built alongside the Caddy at VW's factory in Poznan, Poland.

Both companies have production facilities in Spain but only Ford is building small commercial vans there (the existing Transit Connect) at their plant in Valencia. On the basis of the recent announcements from Ford and Volkswagen, there seems no evidence that any commercial vehicle (small van, medium van, large van or pick-up) will be built in Spain by either company once the existing Transit Connect ceases production and certainly not the new Transporter T8 (if indeed it is called that).

I’ll tell my dealer he’s telling me porky pies , after reading your comments and checking what’s on the web I could agree with you , all articles seem to change based on dates of release. The amrock for sure it’s happening now the proper commercial van not so sure , I’m hoping it will be a T something after 70 odd years of production
Time will tell I guess

I've been encouraged by the threads I've read on here to join. I ordered a lwb 204 4M Highline twin slider and ticked every box on the extras list, this was back in July 2021. Its been a real roller coaster ride since then with the status ever changing from 00 to 10 and back again. In December 22 my status was showing as an error code! Early Jan 23, I was told not to expect any change in status for 6 months. Last week I got an unexpected call from the dealer saying I'd moved to 10 with an estimated build week 36 (Sept 23). If they're stopping production at Hanover this year then mine is getting dangerously close to the end!

Collecting my van next Tuesday. I can’t work out why I’ve jumped the queue so much, ordered September 2022 so only 6 months, dealer can’t explain that either.
I‘ve attached a photo of my build spec
I didn’t expect or really want it to come this early, but can’t complain, as I’ve got a Tiguan on order that I no longer want. I ordered that in September 2021 and still have no build date for it. I changed my mind after a year of waiting and decided a van better suited my needs. I expected it to arrive before the van. It’s a Tiguan R-Line diesel 200bhp DSG 4-Motion with over 4K of options if anyone is in the market for one.

1FB51C3A-07F7-4749-8047-536A5359FE9D.jpeg

Reactions: AKG
I've been encouraged by the threads I've read on here to join. I ordered a lwb 204 4M Highline twin slider and ticked every box on the extras list, this was back in July 2021. Its been a real roller coaster ride since then with the status ever changing from 00 to 10 and back again. In December 22 my status was showing as an error code! Early Jan 23, I was told not to expect any change in status for 6 months. Last week I got an unexpected call from the dealer saying I'd moved to 10 with an estimated build week 36 (Sept 23). If they're stopping production at Hanover this year then mine is getting dangerously close to the end!

Blimey. There’s no logic to this. I ordered a fully loaded Pure Grey LWB 204PS 4Motion DSG Highline on 15 June 2021 for a campervan conversion through a VW approved converter. I was told last week that my order status has just changed… from status 10 with an estimated build week in May to status 00 with no estimated build date scheduled now. I just don’t get it.

Blimey. There’s no logic to this. I ordered a fully loaded Pure Grey LWB 204PS 4Motion DSG Highline on 15 June 2021 for a campervan conversion through a VW approved converter. I was told last week that my order status has just changed… from status 10 with an estimated build week in May to status 00 with no estimated build date scheduled now. I just don’t get it.
Identical to my order placed March '21 and 16 months later it arrived. No sense at all.

Collecting my van next Tuesday. I can’t work out why I’ve jumped the queue so much, ordered September 2022 so only 6 months, dealer can’t explain that either.
I‘ve attached a photo of my build spec
I didn’t expect or really want it to come this early, but can’t complain, as I’ve got a Tiguan on order that I no longer want. I ordered that in September 2021 and still have no build date for it. I changed my mind after a year of waiting and decided a van better suited my needs. I expected it to arrive before the van. It’s a Tiguan R-Line diesel 200bhp DSG 4-Motion with over 4K of options if anyone is in the market for one.

View attachment 190257
I don't know why they let you order an 80l tank as they can't fit them due to a bigger adblue tank I ordered it on mine in June 21 and still ended up with a 70l one got a refund from my dealer so I'd check up on that one

Back