[T6] 12V Dash Sockets both not working

So I got a swivel seat fitted before my road trip and the guys at kent pop tops had to remove my lead leisure battery because the swivel couldn’t clear sadly.. so I decided to go ahead with that. I was under the impression that the 12v sockets would still work from the main battery but wasn’t the case and figured this out 200KM into my trip in france..

is there a quick fix to switch the 12v to work from the main battery so I can recharge my portable battery on the go? Or is it more complex than that?
I assume you are talking about the sockets in the dash? If so, there is no simple fix as pointed out by others. It’s possible the converter swapped them to work off the LB for some reason or the fuse has blown while they were doing the work. Fuse is either under the passenger seat or in the fuse box under the gear lever (far left bank of fuses, half way down, 15a fuse all on its own) depending on age, options etc.

The simplest fix would be to pull out the little cubby hole with the 12v socket by the gear lever - it just pulls out (it’s stiff and may need a little persuasion with a trim tool). You could then disconnect the plug to the 12v socket and replace the leads to connect the positive into a spare fuse slot by the gear lever and the negative to one of the screws just above the fuse bank. The positive could be ignition switched by using the upper central row of fuses and either a single or double breakout fuse. Examples below. Not a complex fix but probably a bit awkward if you are travelling and haven’t got tools!

IMG_7010.jpeg

Pic shows double breakout fuse in ignition switched central row (middle circle). Negative connection is screw (right circle) and location of possible 12v socket fuse (left circle).

Example of single breakout fuse:

IMG_7080.png
This can be connected into many of the empty fuse slots instead of the double shown above. You need to have a close look at the empty slot and ensure it has the metal connection visible on the right hand side of the slot (this provides the power). This breakout fuse then fits with the wire coming out to the left.

Good luck.

I can see what I’m about to ask has been asked lots of times… however I cannot find an answer that works for my van (it’s a standard T28 2016 T6 panel van turned Kombi - no other conversion completed so no elec mods done at all)

My top dash cigarette lighter 12v output has packed up (fuse blown - the front dash output went at the same time due to a dodgy plug - why I tried it in both god only knows!!)

I’ve found and replaced the front dash fuse no problems (the blue 15a one in SC49) but there is no fuse in SC40, nothing under the passenger seat and I’m at a total loss as to where the damn fuse for the top dash output is located!?!

I’ve attached a pic of my fuse box as reference

Any suggestions?

IMG_7104.jpeg

Is there a single fuse in the dark area to the left (circled red below)? My 2018 Trendline has the fuse for the cig lighter there.

Have you tried another plug? I had a similar problem, tried all the fuses but in the end it was 2 dead USB sockets rather than the van sockets. A third, working USB socket fixed it :rolleyes:

IMG_0363.jpeg

Is there a single fuse in the dark area to the left (circled red below)? My 2018 Trendline has the fuse for the cig lighter there.

Have you tried another plug? I had a similar problem, tried all the fuses but in the end it was 2 dead USB sockets rather than the van sockets. A third, working USB socket fixed it :rolleyes:

View attachment 256226
Nothing in that space, and I’ve tried four different sockets, they work in the front dash output but not the top one..

Back