T6: Adblue, did I overfill it, or is the sensor playing up?

signtoo

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I've read through a good few AdBlue posts now and I'm worried that either:
1. I've overfilled my AdBlue tank, and it'll sort itself out at some point
2. I've overfilled my AdBlue tank and it will *not* sort itself out at some point, and I may need to syphon some out
3. The sensor is fubared.

Initially the Emissions Warning Light (small yellow icon) came up on the MFD, stating 600mi left, then 550mi. I then topped it up with probably 6-7ish litres of AdBlue, realising this was probably quite a bit as I could see the AdBlue levels in the tank, which I suspect is not the intended purpose! :)

Since then, it's finally gone up to 5500mi, and subsequently 6000mi. Unfortunately the Warning light is still on, and it keeps showing the AdBlue range.

Any tips on how to reset this would be grand, or whether I can take it to a VW place to get it sorted for free if it's not a sensor fault? I suspect free isn't in their vocabulary but it would be interesting to hear how other people have sorted theirs out...

1725289255526.png

Hi all,

I've read through a good few AdBlue posts now and I'm worried that either:
1. I've overfilled my AdBlue tank, and it'll sort itself out at some point
2. I've overfilled my AdBlue tank and it will *not* sort itself out at some point, and I may need to syphon some out
3. The sensor is fubared.

Initially the Emissions Warning Light (small yellow icon) came up on the MFD, stating 600mi left, then 550mi. I then topped it up with probably 6-7ish litres of AdBlue, realising this was probably quite a bit as I could see the AdBlue levels in the tank, which I suspect is not the intended purpose! :)

Since then, it's finally gone up to 5500mi, and subsequently 6000mi. Unfortunately the Warning light is still on, and it keeps showing the AdBlue range.

Any tips on how to reset this would be grand, or whether I can take it to a VW place to get it sorted for free if it's not a sensor fault? I suspect free isn't in their vocabulary but it would be interesting to hear how other people have sorted theirs out...

View attachment 257554
You say you put in 6-7ish litres?

How much was the van telling you to put in?

You say you put in 6-7ish litres?

How much was the van telling you to put in?
From memory it didn't say how much to put in. Is that a T6.1 only feature? I may have missed it when the warning was on, I remember it only stating 600mi left, then 550mi.

From memory it didn't say how much to put in. Is that a T6.1 only feature? I may have missed it when the warning was on, I remember it only stating 600mi left, then 550mi.
No, T6 tells you as well. I might not tell you when you've got the countdown, I've never let mine get that far...

TBH this is why I use a fuel station adblue pump rather than filling from a bottle! You can put in exactly the right amount and it'll click off like a normal pump to prevent overfilling.

And here I was thinking it would be just like filling up on screenwash. I'll live and I'll learn I guess - now I just need to get it sorted somehow...
Hi there this wasnt after a long run was it ? I had the same thing, eml came on same time as adblue warning. topped up adblue whcih then had a hissy fit for a couple of day switching between 6000 miles and 650 miles. Turns out eml was down to crusing at just under 2000 rpm for a couple of hundred miles. drove 20 milesto work the following day and van was doing dpf regen when I arrived so let it runs its course. turned off did my work and when i restarted the eml had gone off and not come back on since. it may just be down to that.

Ahh, yes, the EML might be on as it wasn't able to do a DPF regen due to the low Adblue level?

If so, then your adblue is correct, mine also shows 6000 miles after filling it. So take it for a long drive and let the DPF regen happen then you should *touches wood* be good.

Back