Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. I can't provide you with any answers, but if you post your questions in the relevant sub-forums, your posts may get better traction. :thumbsup:
^^^^^this :thumbsup: Also use a title that’s relevant & specific to the problem, rather than just generic “Help” titles. Lots of folk skim the forum on their coffee break, so you stand a better chance of getting help if you put some detail in the title.

I'm assuming its the burn off of the partical filter thing.

DPF regeneration? if there's any issue with that it will tell you. It will regenerate itself from time to time, when you park up and lock the van the fan will run for a while. It's worth using some DPF Redex stuff periodically, currently selling at Tesco for half what you'd pay for it on Amazon if you use a clubcard.

DPF regeneration? if there's any issue with that it will tell you. It will regenerate itself from time to time, when you park up and lock the van the fan will run for a while. It's worth using some DPF Redex stuff periodically, currently selling at Tesco for half what you'd pay for it on Amazon if you use a clubcard.
Do they have Tesco in Oz?

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
My email from the dealer arrived a few weeks ago. Same as ScottFreedom, order for a LWB TDI450 3.2T 4Motion Transporter is cancelled.
The dealer offered a $2000 discount on a T7 but he does not have any info on them yet.

My email from the dealer arrived a few weeks ago. Same as ScottFreedom, order for a LWB TDI450 3.2T 4Motion Transporter is cancelled.
The dealer offered a $2000 discount on a T7 but he does not have any info on them yet.
I was initially disappointed with the cancellation, however after some consideration I realised I don't really need a 4Motion, so I've decided to purchase a TDI350 FWD LWB van, which arrives this month and due to be converted in September. The pros outway the cons for me when I compare the 4motion over a FWD van.

After travelling around Australia in my Nissan Navara 3 years ago (didn't tow a caravan, I used a roof tent), I hardly ever switched over into 4x4 high or low. The only occasions were 2 beach drives to campsites. I also realised that after many corrugated roads that I would not put my new Transporter through those conditions. It's not worth the damage and cost to me. There are so many beautiful locations in Australia that don't require a 4x4 vehicle.

The main concern for me with a FWD van will be when wet driving on gravel or dirt roads, so I'll need to purchase A/T tyres in future and of course drive to the conditions or dont drive at all . Major corrugated outback roads are off my radar now.

Lower purchase and running costs are a bonus too with the TDI350 FWD. So the 4motion cancellation may have been the best outcome for me. Horses for courses. Happy and safe travels

Hi everyone,

First post here so go easy on me!

I've put a deposit on what appears to be one of the last of a batch of 4 Motion T6.1's coming into Australia in Sept for conversion to a campaervan in Oct. However The installer who is based interstate does not do diesel heater installs and has recommended that if I want one I have one installed locally in Melbourne which would also make any warranty claims and servicing in the future easier.

Wondering in anyone has dealt with a reputable diesel heater installer for T6's in Melbourne or in Victoria?

I would also like to consider a diesel cooktop or diesel cooktop/heater combo such as the Wallas as I will be using the campervan in the snow and in winter a lot - I am hoping to have the campervan converter leave enough space etc for anything like a cooktop for the diesel installation. Have sent an email to the Australian Dealer for Wallas in Tasmania but have not heart back as yet.

Appreciate any advice.

John K.

Are corrugated roads not covered on new vehicle guarantee by manufacturers?
They are a pain in the backside

So lucky that I was able to pick up a new T6.1 4 Motion in November 23. The Converter (Frontline) must have forseen the future and ordered many in advance.Cheers.

Are corrugated roads not covered on new vehicle guarantee by manufacturers?
They are a pain in the backside
I'm not sure about the warranty in regards to corrugated roads, best to ask VW. I doubt there is any cover for damage caused by off road driving.

What I found here in Australia within the VW 5 year unlimited km warranty terms that are not covered is the following;

"Environmental conditions:
Any defects resulting from salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bird and animal droppings, or windstorm, hail, flood, lighting or other acts of nature."

"Misuse:
Any defects resulting from (iv) driving the vehicle in off road conditions beyond the designed or intended use of the vehicle;"

Slightly tangential but the Multivan (which confusingly is no longer a T7 as that's the branding for the upcoming Ford partnership) based California in the hybrid version would appear to have an electric rear wheel drive option on the higher end models in early reviews.

So there might be AWD of a kind coming to that range in the future.

Slightly tangential but the Multivan (which confusingly is no longer a T7 as that's the branding for the upcoming Ford partnership) based California in the hybrid version would appear to have an electric rear wheel drive option on the higher end models in early reviews.

So there might be AWD of a kind coming to that range in the future.
It would be too early for me to consider purchasing a T7, as to how these hybrid AWD vehicles will go in remote areas of Australia is a big question.

Even if charging stations were not an issue, I would be waiting several years to see how the T7 performs before I would consider.

One of the reasons I decided on the Transporter is that they have been around for years with global knowledge and experience, and are proven to some extent, though not perfect. All vehicles have there flaws of course.

Fair point, but I'm talking about the MQB based Multivan that replaced the T6.1 Caravelle/Multivan not the T7 the yet to be released van built in partnership with Ford.

Have VW let this get confusing with even many dealers calling the Multivan a T7 in early days, and now there being a California version launched - yes they have...

Have been able to find 2 potential installers now in Melbourne that can do a Diesel Heater install. Now to the alternative cooking fuel research.

As I plan on using my van in winter and at the snow for 1-2 weeks at a time (yes we do get snow in Oz!) was considering something like a single plate Wallas cooktop. However they do not seem to be as popular here in AUS as they are in the UK - is anyone located in Melbourne or in Victoria that is using one? My van will be fitted out with about 300amh of batteries and 320amps of solar and also be using an an electric induction cooktop, but considering a built-in permanent alternative set up as well. Know that Walls makes a lid that also acts as a heater, but given the better heating and control mechanism/thermostat of a modern dedicated diesel heater and having a completely flat bench space leaning towards that scenarion.

Any advice is welcomed.

John K.

Hello from North Queensland. Just purchased a 2019 T6 4Motion LWB. Drove it from Melbourne to Townsville about 2500kms in two and a half days. Ean very well.
Welcome to the Forum @Justdrew , are you aware of the law of posting pictures on here!? We would love to see your new pride and joy!

Back