VW are also streamlining their options on vehicles soon to be replaced. You can no longer order a Tiguan with more than 150PS for example. Some say it is to get the overall emissions of vehicles for sale down, others say it's to focus on the vehicles that generate the most sales, or it could be a slow down in ICE production and give time to EV development.

hi everyone, noob here so bare with me! :)

im looking at buying a used multivan here in australia.

budget is anywhere from $12000 - $35000.. id much rather buy the latter.

I've pasted an example of what i can get for this price below...

my biggest question is.. what type of problems could i expect from these older models and maybe rough costs.. im weighing up buying an older one with the expectation i might be spending some money on it. my thoughts are, even a 2016 model could have costly fixes so maybe a 2010 is the better buy?
im just learning about these vehicles so any info or pointers to find out all about them would be very much appreciated. cheers!

2006 Volkswagen Multivan Highline T5 Auto

$10,500*
Excl. Govt. Charges
  • 282,000 km
  • People Mover
  • Automatic
  • 5cyl 2.5L Turbo Diesel

2010 Volkswagen Multivan Comfortline T5 Auto MY10

$19,500*
Excl. Govt. Charges
  • 229,428 km
  • People Mover
  • Automatic
  • 4cyl 2.0L Turbo Diesel

2016 Volkswagen Multivan TDI340 Comfortline T6 LWB Auto MY16

$29,000*
Excl. Govt. Charges
  • 174,676 km
  • People Mover
  • Automatic
  • 4cyl 2.0L Turbo Diesel
Check car history

I placed my order for a LWB TDI450 3.2T 4Motion Transporter with a dealer in November 2022 in Australia.
The dealer emailed today with this info.

We received this bulletin:

We wish to provide you with an important update on the availability of 4MOTION drivetrains across the T6.1 and Crafter models ranges.

Due to the high order numbers worldwide for our 4MOTION variants as well as continued disruptions in the supply chain, a global stop order for all T6.1 and Crafter variants with 4MOTION transmissions has unfortunately been put in place with immediate effect. As such we will not be accepting any new orders on T6.1 and Crafter with 4MOTION in the system.

Given the current lifecycle of the T6.1 as well as the current number of units in the order bank globally which are configured with the 4MOTION system we have been informed there is insufficient supply to match demand. For the Crafter 4MOTION, the anticipated return is currently open and we will continue to provide updates as they become available.

As a result, 4MOTION variants will be removed from offer with immediate effect across both the T6.1 and Crafter range.

Given that your order was place before the Cut off date of the 1st December 2022 we have been given the following:

• T6.1 and Crafter orders received and processed before 1.12.2022: The Factory will strive to produce them, however we cannot guarantee orders will be built before 2024.

Seems I just scraped in.

The sales guy at my dealer who has been selling VW vans about since he was a boy reckons they probably won’t reopen 4motion sales for the current ranges

Hi I'm Grabble Im a new member I have a T6 campervan. I hope to get lots of tips about the T6 especially related to country driving Cheers
Welcome, I think you version of “Country driving” and ours is quite different :)

Hi I'm Grabble Im a new member I have a T6 campervan. I hope to get lots of tips about the T6 especially related to country driving Cheers
Welcome and enjoy the forum you will find loads of information and advice

Hi @AussieMick …. Where staying at Joondalup Perth and just got back from Mandurah today…not venturing far ….been to Mundaring Weir ( stunning location )….but we’d love to do an Outback adventure next time we come…this is only a short stay…..The weather and the people are amazing….not used to only doing 100kph on the Highways…..Given the chance I’d move to Australia tomorrow…..Going back to a very cold UK doesn’t inspire me…

Ps… the fuel is half our prices…What’s not to love :)
Hi VanDamMan, Sending you warm regards from WA. I hope you get back over here soon again.

PXL_20221212_033347536.jpg

PXL_20221212_070949268.jpg

Hi @Wern ….We got back OK…miss the whole Aussie Experience…We did visit BCF and Bunnings and brought back some goodies…I’d love to ship loads back but too expensive to ship….we’ve already started planning a France trip in the van in 2024 and hope to return to Australia later….visiting Bala lake ( wales ) with the club in May so will post a pic how I’ve used my Aussie goodies :)

32F19B77-A132-44D8-9EFD-779E13D4E89F.jpeg

New Van has arrived. It was shipped a long way, and bit dirty upon arrival but have cleaned up. Have begun planning on how to move existing shelving over and what the layout will be.
Lots of things to do.
- Rear barn door wiper delete for sign writing.
- Install THQ LED lights
- Seat covers - might have to remove vapour barrier to be able to do this
- Ladder racks
- Get toe bar fitted
- Toe bar step to be able to reach ladders
- Rear door sill protection
- Soundproofing of vapour barrier
- Wheels and tires. Ordered Navis Macs from THQ but then they advised they cannot ship wheels internationally. Van as Devonports on, so have opted to fit spacers and wider tires instead.IMG_7983 2.jpgIMG_7985.jpg

Hi
Thanks kindly for adding me to this Group
Hopefully collecting my first VW Transporter TDI 6 next week. 2016 model 5speed manual 250 Runner with some camper conversions.
It’s in very good condition with low K’s.
I’ll be using it for occasional sleepovers rather than any commercial use.
Will be checking this site for tips on camper personalisation and service jobs.
Thanks for being here. New B

Welcome , the forum is quite extensive on almost anything you need to know and a never ending gallery of wet transporter photos .. enjoy

Hi. Just joined the site.

FYI there are a few multivans coming to Australia in the next few months that were built before the cut off.

I just put a deposit on a LWB multivan with 4Motion and diff lock which is about to leave Germany and should arrive July.

Hi HossP
They initially advised my Transporter would be available in July. That has now slipped to April 2024

Hi,
Just joined the forum, from Western Australia, have had this van since 2017 and it replaced 4 previous aircooled Kombis over my driving career. It has become a favorite.
IMG_1789.JPG
This was crossing the country and back for a regatta in Sydney beginning of this year, didn't skip a beat.
Cheers,
Bugs

Hi,
Just joined the forum, from Western Australia, have had this van since 2017 and it replaced 4 previous aircooled Kombis over my driving career. It has become a favorite.
View attachment 205668
This was crossing the country and back for a regatta in Sydney beginning of this year, didn't skip a beat.
Cheers,
Bugs
Amazing!!! Looks like a great bit of kit

Picked up a 2017 T6 during the week. Planning on converting it into a camper for trips within this beautiful country. I’ll be seeking advice on various mods etc to get the most out of this great vehicle. So, thanks in advance for the help I’ll be seeking from the group. Cheers

Back