Hi All, I live in Sydney Northshore area and am after an expert infotainment installer for Golf vehicles. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Hello there

I am a brand new member from Melbourne, Australia.

I have a 2019 T6 with a Frontline Adventurer fit out. We bought the van new in March 2020, literally weeks before our first lockdown and unfortunately could not use it much during the first two years.

No regrets though, we have been able to do a few longer trips this year and are really enjoying it.

Looking forward to getting some new ideas from the forum. Currently, I am particularly interested in options for large pullout storage drawers under the rear part of the bed.

Cheers

Adventurer T6

Welcome along. At least you are getting out and about in it now after a quiet two years

Welcome to the forum! Great to have members join from around the world. Wishing you many years of happiness in your new van

Hi everyone!
I live in Sydney, Australia
I've owned 3 '70s era Beetles and a '77 T2 Kombi over the years and just bought a 2022 Transporter 4Motion Diesel with a Camper Conversion.
I came on here initially to find info on the SD Card required for the radio.
I've decided to join as it is obviously the place to come to first if I want any meaningful advice. You can't beat experience.......

Hi all. New member in AUS. Just taken delivery of my T6.1 4Motion with a Frontline Camper conversion and looking forward to doing some roadtrips.
I am interested in getting a lift kit fitted before I venture on to the beaches north of Brisbane and will post another thread under Suspension etc.
Happy travels to all.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Wishing you many happy and fun trips in your van

Hi from Brisbane Australia. I ordered a new T6.1 SWB 4motion Transporter in pure grey almost a year ago and it should be arriving soon.

This vehicle is supposed to replace my current work van, but I'm hoping I can also use it for some fun as well.

My initial plans are to get some bigger tyres for a swamper stye look.

Reactions: CAB
What tyre size is everyone using on their 4motion Transporters here in Australia.

I'm thinking I'd like to get 235/70R16. Is this size even legal here?

Last edited:
As far as i know, in QLD, AWD is the same as 4WD, so it is 50mm max including tyre and suspension lift (EDIT: has changed)

Im running 225/65R17 with a 30mm Seikel lift kit

It is worth looking at the latest QLD Transport modification guidelines.

https://www.publications.qld.gov.au...nal.pdf?ETag=9b9838a666de1d95a4c34d3e6e94d2e6

Page 3 at the bottom.

4WD type, AWD is a 4WD type

Also, you need to look at your ADR category is, mine is NA

Last edited:
As far as i know, in QLD, AWD is the same as 4WD, so it is 50mm max including tyre and suspension lift (EDIT: has changed)

https://www.publications.qld.gov.au...nal.pdf?ETag=9b9838a666de1d95a4c34d3e6e94d2e6

Page 3 at the bottom.

Thanks. I did read something similar to this after I wrote my comment so I edited it. But thanks for answering my question regardless.

Your link is much more clearer than the information I had found.

Page 3 at the bottom.

So looking at that document you are allowed up to a 75mm lift from standard by having a max 50mm lift suspension and 25mm lift through tyres & wheels.

So I believe a 50mm change in tyre diameter is the max I can have legally.

Ok so going to 235/70R16 from a 205/65R16 would be a 62mm change in Diameter or 31mm lift which would be over the legal limit.

Your 225/65R17 from 205/65R16 is a 51mm change or 25.5mm lift which I suppose would be acceptable as half a mm could be negated in tread wear alone.

Edit* though not all transporters come with 205/65R16. So I suppose if you had the 17" wheel combination from stock it opens up more possible tyre sizes.... maybe

Last edited:
So looking at that document you are allowed up to a 75mm lift from standard by having a max 50mm lift suspension and 25mm lift through tyres & wheels.

So I believe a 50mm change in tyre diameter is the max I can have legally.

Ok so going to 235/70R16 from a 205/65R16 would be a 62mm change in Diameter or 31mm lift which would be over the legal limit.

Your 225/65R17 from 205/65R16 is a 51mm change or 25.5mm lift which I suppose would be acceptable as half a mm could be negated in tread wear alone.

Edit* though not all transporters come with 205/65R16. So I suppose if you had the 17" wheel combination from stock it opens up more possible tyre sizes.... maybe

I worked off the 50 mm O/A rule for both that was in place at the time.

My Transporter that i ordered new came with 215/60R17 from Factory, so with the new tyres i got a 17.25mm height gain.

does your tyre card decal have the 17 inch option on it? if so then you can use that as your base

I worked off the 50 mm O/A rule for both that was in place at the time.

My Transporter that i ordered new came with 215/60R17 from Factory, so with the new tyres i got a 17.25mm height gain.

does your tyre card decal have the 17 inch option on it? if so then you can use that as your base
Does your wheel and Tyre combination still fit in the spare tyre carrier under the vehicle?

Back