TSi MPG

Yep, an cold nuclear fusion will have its own problems..

I haven't missed any of so called points either.. You've missed a few though, or chosen to ignore them.. Either way,

Want to sling the child murderer comment about when you drive/own 3 diesels... Then argue the environmental card... The world must be good up there on that horse of yours... Oh yeah..oh hey don't make an alternative vehicle, what a shame it must be to be tied to a particular brand and model that is a diesel only when your such an environmentally aware person..

This world is far more complex than the scientist that would have us think they know everything that is the cause.. And even the governments.. They all have their own agenda.. The world goes through natural warming cycles as well.. Hence the thaw from the ice age.. And many a moon ago the Thames used to ice over, summers were better, and winters colder.. The biggest threat and predator to nature and the natural order of things, is the human.. Mainly because we think we are so clever..

I will stick with the diesel as I say, in particular, because I want longevity, and given some of the problems with the 150 I would question the initial reliability of the new petrols.. This does not mean that I still think diesels are the great, but at the moment they suit me best of the bunch..

Btw anybody thought of the impact of all these new mobile magnetic fields driving around? I'm sure when that is scaled up to global use there will be an issue or two to be resolved... But then I came up with the bubble theory ref the universe one Saterday afternoon sat in the pub, and saw it a few years later being put forward by scientists on a TVs program....

I haven't missed any of so called points either.. You've missed a few though, or chosen to ignore them.. Either way,

Want to sling the child murderer comment about when you drive/own 3 diesels... Then argue the environmental card... The world must be good up there on that horse of yours... Oh yeah..oh hey don't make an alternative vehicle, what a shame it must be to be tied to a particular brand and model that is a diesel only when your such an environmentally aware person..

This world is far more complex than the scientist that would have us think they know everything that is the cause.. And even the governments.. They all have their own agenda.. The world goes through natural warming cycles as well.. Hence the thaw from the ice age.. And many a moon ago the Thames used to ice over, summers were better, and winters colder.. The biggest threat and predator to nature and the natural order of things, is the human.. Mainly because we think we are so clever..

I will stick with the diesel as I say, in particular, because I want longevity, and given some of the problems with the 150 I would question the initial reliability of the new petrols.. This does not mean that I still think diesels are the great, but at the moment they suit me best of the bunch..

Btw anybody thought of the impact of all these new mobile magnetic fields driving around? I'm sure when that is scaled up to global use there will be an issue or two to be resolved... But then I came up with the bubble theory ref the universe one Saterday afternoon sat in the pub, and saw it a few years later being put forward by scientists on a TVs program....
I was only Joking about "Child Murderer.....":), it also applies to "Adults":rofl:
I don't really disagree with you, and my next vehicle will probably be a Diesel (Fiat Ducato based Motorhome - no alternatives, and a petrol would probably do 15mpg!!!!!! if it existed, which is why it doesn't)
But Climate change & CO2 are very linked, and CO2 levels have shot off the scale in the last few decades. This is very very real, and no documentary can alter these facts. Yes there are all sorts of other things going on in the atmosphere, but the facts remain, this is very very serious. Combined with a growingly over populated world; it will see a few hundred million africans displaced through water and food shortages plus more Chinese, Indians etc etc. When you run out of food and water, and the climate will not support you, you will do absolutly anything to survive, so we cannot ignore this.
Am I personally prepared to stop consuming and creating pollution, to help slow the CO2 problem???...................... NO, and neither is Sir Bob F**king Geldof, and all the other Green Lovies. That is the real problem:eek:
On that happy note, Whats the weather like with you today?;)

Last edited:

Chill Dave!

BTW we have owned a LOT of petrol and diesels cars. The diesels have ALL had plenty of issues (except the 335d which was brilliant); EGR valves, DPFs, swirl flaps, etc, etc whereas the petrols have all been super reliable.

The emissions strangling rubbish they put on modern (post 2010-ish) has turned them from not bad (2000-2010) to pretty poor; the old T5.1 180 being a case in point. They are so bad they that WILL die prematurely. Modern diesels are struggling to get to 100k miles without throwing a fit. Yep some petrols are bad too but they are easy to avoid.

Of course our van is diesel (no choice) but it also has a cast iron 5 year warranty. I genuinely wouldn't want to run on without that warranty.

The insane restrictions on modern diesels, chiefly being you can't do multiple short distances, is just bonkers. I can drive my petrols 1/4 mile or 400 miles with no issues - yes they use more fuel but they are reliable. And that counts for a lot.

Last edited:
Well no matter your views on this they cannot get rid of them that soon as we all see those huge 32 ton trucks on the road hauling goods around, they will not be banning them none too soon because, I cannot see them making petrol or electric ones. They have been electrifying the GWR for the last few years and it way behind and that is to replace diesel trains they have. Will they be putting gantries on the road to take power lines to run electric trucks, I think not we will have diesel for a few years yet. Face it companies like VW & Ford have to get more money out of you yet

Well no matter your views on this they cannot get rid of them that soon as we all see those huge 32 ton trucks on the road hauling goods around, they will not be banning them none too soon because, I cannot see them making petrol or electric ones. They have been electrifying the GWR for the last few years and it way behind and that is to replace diesel trains they have. Will they be putting gantries on the road to take power lines to run electric trucks, I think not we will have diesel for a few years yet. Face it companies like VW & Ford have to get more money out of you yet
Yep I think they have plenty of time left but I wouldn't buy a new one; the T6 will be our last.

This is really worth a read. A report by Stamford University on the future of the internal combustion engine, the switch to EV's, and the associated impact on companies and economies. Whilst it is just one organisation's view of the future, Stamford does have a fair amount of credibility

The end of petrol and diesel cars? All vehicles will be electric by 2025, says expert
I haven't read the Telegraph yet today, great article.
This change is happening faster than I realised. Saudi & Russia will need to rethink their economies double quick time. I guess Gas will still be in strong demand for a good while yet.

Last edited:
Can't really see everyone handing over their cars.. But stranger things have happened in the world, like Trump getting elected, and a near miss for France...

They just seem to forget how much of a HUGE environmental impact building a new car has just to save a bit on emissions.
Same as the obsession with knocking down houses to replace them with something slightly better insulated.

They are either idiots or extremely economical with the truth. Probably both.

Can't really see everyone handing over their cars.. But stranger things have happened in the world, like Trump getting elected, and a near miss for France...

Meanwhile.. Cuba, China, North Korea etc will run their cars.. And laugh at the rest of us...
The report says that it won't be pressure from governments or worry about the environment that will get us out of car ownership but simply that electric vehicles and paying for them as a service will be so dramatically cheaper that no-one will want to own a car. It also says that China has already set a huge quota for electric cars and that the Indian government is committed to a timescale for phasing out of vehicles with internal combustion engines

The report says that it won't be pressure from governments or worry about the environment that will get us out of car ownership but simply that electric vehicles and paying for them as a service will be so dramatically cheaper that no-one will want to own a car. It also says that China has already set a huge quota for electric cars and that the Indian government is committed to a timescale for phasing out of vehicles with internal combustion engines

Yeah.. The huge quota from China will be made in coal burning factories, for export to the uk, to be leased by us and fund their economy.....

Yeah.. The huge quota from China will be made in coal burning factories, for export to the uk, to be leased by us and fund their economy.....
No, although it does represent an opportunity for Chinese manufacturers if the European and US car companies don't get their act together. To quote from the article:

"India is drawing up plans to phase out all petrol and diesel cars by 2032, leap-frogging China in an electrification race across Asia. The brains trust of Primer Minister Narendra Modi has called for a mix of subsidies, car-pooling, and caps on fossil-based cars. The goal is to cut pollution and break reliance on imported oil, but markets will pick up the baton quickly once the process starts.

China is moving in parallel, pushing for 7m electric vehicles by 2025, enforced by a minimum quota for “new energy” vehicles that shifts the burden for the switch onto manufacturers."

Stamford is a small town in South Lincolnshire, very nice, but not known for its Uni.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had this email today from the dealer I have been considering placing an order with. Spoke to him on Wednesday last week and asked if there was any news of a petrol T6, then this;

"Good afternoon

Many thanks for your email, the £500 deposit contribution is part of the £2500 initial rental in the illustration, the other £2000 coming from you.

We are also getting news about a petrol variant of the Transporter. All we know so far is that they will go into production in June and there will be power outputs equivalent to the 150PS & 204PS TDI engines. Pricing info to follow.

Kind regards

Nick

Nick *******

Sales Executive"

No, although it does represent an opportunity for Chinese manufacturers if the European and US car companies don't get their act together. To quote from the article:

"India is drawing up plans to phase out all petrol and diesel cars by 2032, leap-frogging China in an electrification race across Asia. The brains trust of Primer Minister Narendra Modi has called for a mix of subsidies, car-pooling, and caps on fossil-based cars. The goal is to cut pollution and break reliance on imported oil, but markets will pick up the baton quickly once the process starts.

China is moving in parallel, pushing for 7m electric vehicles by 2025, enforced by a minimum quota for “new energy” vehicles that shifts the burden for the switch onto manufacturers."

In the late 1980's the same conversation was going on in the USA, regarding Gas Milage as they say. Ford, GM and Chrysler all baulked at the idea of more efficient Petrol engines.
Then in just a decade Toyota/Honda/BMW/Mercedes and now Hyundai stole their markets big time. The world moves very quickly today..........

Back