Used t6 decision/help

T6Louis

Hi all,
So a few weeks ago I put a deposit on a used 2018 T6 highline with good service history showing 87k from a Mercedes Benz main dealer.
I had a budget to work with and this is what I could afford.
They agreed to do some body work as part of the deal along with a new serpentine belt as it was a touch squeaky, all completed today.
I even had a local vehicle electrical guy fit a mirror dash cam for me too.
Everything was going well and I paid the balance as the van was due to be delivered to me tomorrow.
The guys told me they were doing the last checks and filled her up at the local petrol station but after a mile or so of driving the eml appeared.
I’m now stuck without a van for the next 2 weeks as that’s when it can go back to VW for diagnosis.
I wondering if I’ve now made a bad decision and wondering if I should ask for my money back.
Could anyone help with what I should do next?
Reject the vehicle and ask for my money back?
Wait for it to be diagnosed, repaired and live with it?
I’ve invested a lot of time and money already and really can’t afford for it to go wrong six months down the line.
Suggestions please ?
Thanks all

I think you need to start down the ‘reject it’ route and forget about the dashcam money you have spent, it’s immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

By rejecting the vehicle you will get the dealer properly focussed on sorting out the issues and if they fail to get it sorted then you have still got your money to spend elsewhere rather than a van with an undiagnosed issue that could become an albatross around your neck.

The EML could be something simple but equally could turn in to a nightmare. It’s currently the dealers risk/problem, don’t let them turn it in to yours.

When I bought my van two years ago I discovered it needed a £1500 repair within the first week of ownership. I reported it back to the dealer and gave them the opportunity to sort it out, they were great and sorted it immediately at their full cost, I’ve had no issues since.

I'm afraid I wouldn't take any of what the dealer says at face value. There are a number of possibilities, @Salty Spuds may be correct, or the vehicle may have an EML light on, but a two week wait just to get a diagnostic check may turn into a four week wait to get the vehicle fixed.
I don't accept that a MB dealer can't get a quick diagnostic check carried out on a VW, most of the members of this forum could do it in half an hour!
I wonder if somebody put the wrong fuel in it? It's possible that they've booked it in for new high pressure fuel pump / injectors etc but don't want to tell you.
It's a difficult call but I'd go with my gut instinct and you've pretty much told us that you've lost faith in the van already.

Back