Bit of a self serving discount here but if anyone wants 10% off an Ecoflow product, please feel free to request a referral code from me whenever. I think the code has a limitied life so buzz me if you want it

Screenshot_20240827_125849.jpg

Last edited:
EcoFlow seem to be selling their 800w grid tie micro inverters for £100 on eBay with 20% today with code HAPPY20

That code seems to cover a few other vendors like Ecoworthy too
What exactly does this unit do?
I’ve had a read and I’m still not sure. Is it for connecting your roof mounted solar panels to your EcoFlow power station?

I’ve had a read and I’m still not sure. Is it for connecting your roof mounted solar panels to your EcoFlow power station?
No - it allows your EcoFlow to back feed into the mains supply in your house - like a fully fitted house battery or house solar panels.

Interesting if you have means of charging an EcoFlow off solar, or have enough to shift very cheap overnight electricity to the more useful daytime.

However they are a very very grey area to use regulation wise in the UK - which is why they never really fully launched here.

And no they are not in themselves useful for camper vans as they are grid tied - they will not work unless there is another supply of mains present - but if you have big EcoFlows and solar panels to charge them lying idle when you're not camping at that price it might be worth experimenting with a bit of free electricity.

ROAMER T6Forum discount . . . .

Discount
5% off entire order automatically applied at basket - follow link.

+++

1726656961204.png

i had one of those. . . it started my Domestic solar journey.

the UK version is 800W, EU version 600W.

but there is some talk about the way it back feeds the grid via a PLUG TOP.

no issue though, i had it running for months.

FWIW - ther are using the same format case for the new 800W Alternator charger.

1726657295150.png

i had one of those. . . it started my Domestic solar journey.

the UK version is 800W, EU version 600W.

but there is some talk about the way it back feeds the grid via a PLUG TOP.

no issue though, i had it running for months.

FWIW - ther are using the same format case for the new 800W Alternator charger.

View attachment 259611
Just had this lot fitted yesterday along with 11 solar panels on my roof
IMG_6768.jpeg

Must take a shed load of AA batteries!
You want to have felt the weight in the batteries Wayne.
They came on a pallet and I took them off it to get my van back in the driveway.
I had to roll the boxes off the pallet.
They sent 1 guy to fit them.
I watched him struggle to get one out of the box. I ended up helping him lift them on to the brackets. And we both really struggled with them. Especially the high one.
There’s no way that poor guy could have fitted them himself.

You want to have felt the weight in the batteries Wayne.
They came on a pallet and I took them off it to get my van back in the driveway.
I had to roll the boxes off the pallet.
They sent 1 guy to fit them.
I watched him struggle to get one out of the box. I ended up helping him lift them on to the brackets. And we both really struggled with them. Especially the high one.
There’s no way that poor guy could have fitted them himself.
I would have a word with your supplier about that, that's just not right! Your elbow is now playing up all because of those battery packs and their limited resources..

I would have a word with your supplier about that, that's just not right! Your elbow is now playing up all because of those battery packs and their limited resources..
I offered to help. He really wasn’t meant to fit them that high as the guy who planned it first wanted the batteries and inverter slap bang on the front of my house miles away from the meter. Wasn’t having that so he then said opposite side of my door with cable running up and around my door. Wasn’t having that either.
So I basically told the installer that’s where they were going.
Really short lengths of cable making it more efficient and tidy.
Would have also been much easier to wire up with everything in the one place.
So didn’t mind me having to help.
I will however need to paint my old meter boxes now.
They look terrible next to the shiny new boxes.

Back