What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Replaced boost sensor "a" after having a few intermitant issues and finally a fault code raising its head 2 days ago. Suspect this has been in there since brand new.
Hardly a wonder it wasn't reading accurately
Never mind not to expensive on the whole and not to bad to change. It gave me an excuse to buy obd 11 and change a load of things just because I can

IMG-20220210-WA0001(1).jpg

Swapped out the front fog light surrounds for gloss units.

What a chore, front bumper off, separate the mounting units by removing the plastic welds, ease out the old non gloss surrounds, re plastic weld the bumper mounts back in, refit the fogs, sensors and cabling.

Turn the bumper over and pray I hadn’t scratched the paint. Refit will care, no brackets broken, although mislayed two bumper screws. Another thing to search the web for.

Done but I would never do that again. Run a mile and keep on running if you ever get asked to help do them :rolleyes:

Pics tomorrrow once Floyd has had a bath.

Use a plastic primer. Primer and base don’t spray each coat too thickly. Try to do in as dust free environment as possible. Oh, and wear a mask!
What plastic primer did you use? I go for etch primers

Tried to install my THQ v3 headlights
Now nothing works , dash has all sorts of lights on
Going to be a fun weekend
Seems like a flat battery , carista won’t even show me codes , just says charge battery , been on my list for a few weeks now

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Replaced lower mirror caps with gloss black ones and machine polished the rest of the cover. Just need to spray the remaining matt panels covering the mounting bits on the door so they all match nicely.

View attachment 144456
What machine polisher do you use and pads, something I’d like to try but have doubts

I can’t recall but I will send over an image of it shortly mate.

Got it from Clean Your Car,

DAS-6 PRO - MEGUIARS HEX LOGIC KIT
Is this an easy task! I’m desperate to give it a go with a machine polisher but scared shitless

DA is not so bad. The more time you take to prep your vehicle during the wash and decontamination stage, The less likely there will be any grout on the paint to introduce more scratches during your polishing stage. Looks like a cool task in my eyes, but once you start you will wish you hadn't. Big vehicle with a lot of paint to get round haha. Take your time and give yourself 3-4 days to do the job properly and your results will be worth it.

DA is not so bad. The more time you take to prep your vehicle during the wash and decontamination stage, The less likely there will be any grout on the paint to introduce more scratches during your polishing stage. Looks like a cool task in my eyes, but once you start you will wish you hadn't. Big vehicle with a lot of paint to get round haha. Take your time and give yourself 3-4 days to do the job properly and your results will be worth it.
That’s a very good point - it IS a lot of vehicle to get round! I fear a talking-to from SWMBO if I spent that long “hiding” and abandoning her with the sprogs!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back