What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I’ve debadged the tailgate! Far too much bling for my liking. The clean look is so much better. I have a replacement black badge to go on but I wasn’t able to get the original badge off - dental floss didn’t work, far too weak. It might need some fine fishing line perhaps? What have you folks done to get the badge off your van? Any suggestions for an easy way to ensure the new one goes on straight? Oh, and I’ve also used silicone spray on the window and door seals to protect them and hopefully make it easier to get the OEM sliders to open and close - maybe even help the water proofing?

3E57F675-6EF9-4A62-9C21-D2FEE8A495DA.jpeg

ED3D22C9-D45B-4323-8486-87B59E2413F0.jpeg

A7A207E0-F0A1-4640-B478-96546F0F95A7.jpeg

Fitted Floyd’s newly powder coated wheels. Gone are the diamond cut and black, in with the Glitter Purple. The images don’t do them justice, in the sun they bling. ;):)

FBA445D1-2EE4-48C4-9AB1-28F658C3BC19.jpeg

D2305AE6-87DC-452F-9258-CCEDE8A483EF.jpeg
Callipers being powder coated black with glitter soon.

Last edited:
That is one hell of a good looking van there. You must be well chuffed.
Thanks , I must admit I get more enjoyment out of modding my vans than I do driving them. I've still lots of mods lined up....and I always try to push the boundaries a bit , Black is the obvious and safe colour for wheels on a Pure Grey ,Gold is a subjective choice !....Love it...

I’ve debadged the tailgate! Far too much bling for my liking. The clean look is so much better. I have a replacement black badge to go on but I wasn’t able to get the original badge off - dental floss didn’t work, far too weak. It might need some fine fishing line perhaps? What have you folks done to get the badge off your van? Any suggestions for an easy way to ensure the new one goes on straight? Oh, and I’ve also used silicone spray on the window and door seals to protect them and hopefully make it easier to get the OEM sliders to open and close - maybe even help the water proofing?

View attachment 148895

View attachment 148896

View attachment 148897
To get the badges straight create a rectangle around the existing ones with masking tape before you take them off. You can put pencil marks on the tale where each letter goes.

To get the badges straight create a rectangle around the existing ones with masking tape before you take them off. You can put pencil marks on the tale where each letter goes.
Thanks Mike, I’m not replacing any of the name badges, it is the round VW badge that will be the tricky one that I’m hoping someone has a genius solution for fitting straight.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, I’m not replacing any of the name badges, it is the round VW badge that will be the tricky one that I’m hoping someone has a genius solution for fitting straight.
I took mine off using plastic trim tools and just stuck the new one on by just visually lining it up

Back