What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I've often wondered what would happen in an insurance claim and someone rear ended you in a collisions and then claimed the brake lights were not visible enough (that tint looks pretty dark).
Are there any laws about that? (I imagine there will be).
I Have the black rear lights from THQ and they have a permanent Red light on , this may be how they are are able to get around it ?

I believe there are laws on this something to do with the correct colours being clearly visible upon operation. Actually the tint appears a lot darker in that photo.
Its a proper light tinting film that allows for decent light transmission. Need to get some evening shots of it.
Quick edit very good light from them on test.
Brake lights clearly illuminate across the street 20220314_193121.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate, where did you get the 4motion badges from or are they DIY? looking for a set so i can blackout they look great :cool:
Hi , I asked the supplier to do them for me prior to collecting . Wanted the complete black look with a hint of red , as my van theme is RED accessories.

Hi , I asked the supplier to do them for me prior to collecting . Wanted the complete black look with a hint of red , as my van theme is RED accessories.
As in the supplier of the van? they are exactly how i want mine to look i know most just debadge but i like the black out look yours looks :cool: maybe ill have tosee if they come apart to get painted i guess thats what theyve done with yours mate

As in the supplier of the van? they are exactly how i want mine to look i know most just debadge but i like the black out look yours looks :cool: maybe ill have tosee if they come apart to get painted i guess thats what theyve done with yours mate
Yeah ,Not sure how they went about it but even close up they look factory. Do you want me to ask them for you ?

Thanks Mike, I’m not replacing any of the name badges, it is the round VW badge that will be the tricky one that I’m hoping someone has a genius solution for fitting straight.
Blutac and a plumb line through the centre before you take it off. Make sure it's not so cold the blutac gives up on you before you get the new one on!

Back