What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Removed a huge rust blister from inside the edge of the sill/driver’s footwell and treated with rust killer.
Annoying that this 17 plate has more rust than my 17yr old A4.
Touch up primer tomorrow then try to make it pretty. I’m sure at some stage in the future it’ll need a professional job.ABC7EB9C-7947-4413-85C3-4F0ADF708A48.jpeg

Removed a huge rust blister from inside the edge of the sill/driver’s footwell and treated with rust killer.
Annoying that this 17 plate has more rust than my 17yr old A4.
Touch up primer tomorrow then try to make it pretty. I’m sure at some stage in the future it’ll need a professional job.View attachment 149261
I am sure this is caused by debris thrown into that area ....
When door is closed I am sure debris can pass through whilst driving /even though door is closed ... ie you shut door then grit gets pressed into paint eventually causing damage / bottom of door can be affected also ... worth looking into

I am sure this is caused by debris thrown into that area ....
When door is closed I am sure debris can pass through whilst driving /even though door is closed ... ie you shut door then grit gets pressed into paint eventually causing damage / bottom of door can be affected also ... worth looking into
That could possibly be the case. But there appeared to be no damage, just a paint blister.
It’s probably related to the poor paint issue that VW deny exists. I’ve got 3 or 4 on the van in various places. Luckily this one can’t be seen under normal circumstances.

Did you have to remove the grill to fit the new black trim bits? I have some matt black trims to replace the chrome trims but was told I would need to remove the whole grill to fit them.
No these just pop off and new ones clip in really easy to do

Renovating a kiravans swivel base for a friend as they don't do spares for it. The powdercoat on underside of the top plate is very worn and will need re coating but should be peanuts if I prep myself.

New nylon friction layer little bit rough round the edges but will hopefully work better than the original.

20220316_155829.jpg

20220316_110414.jpg

20220316_153316.jpg

20220316_154523.jpg

@ma77y. That's a very good job that you've done there. Out of interest, where did you source the nylon sheet (presumably you cut it to shape yourself)?

@ma77y. That's a very good job that you've done there. Out of interest, where did you source the nylon sheet (presumably you cut it to shape yourself)?
Cheers brother. I purchased the sheet off of eBay £50 posted for 600mm x 600mm. Slightly narrower than original but only by 4mm. Same thickness though.

I'm going to tidy up the underside of the top plate as it's rough as a bears ass and can see gouges in the original material so I'll have to make it nice and smooth on all edges.

Back