What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Sound deadened inside tailgate, insulated, carpeted the tailgate panel and reinstalled.

Sound deadened and insulated inside the final panel (solid panel opposite sliding door), cut holes for CBE sockets, carpeted and reinstalled.

Wired up the CBE sockets and fitted to the panel along with the 240 and 12v connections to the AllPowers.

Still got to wire an ignition live to trickle charge the AllPowers and install the LED lights in the ceiling (wire already run and behind roof panel).

Next up will be the ‘under Kombi 3 seater bench’ storage, rear speakers and enclosure for the AllPowers and Wi-Fi box.

BA733B2B-8A49-4AA9-A863-C222D9C4B2C7.jpegC3776230-7EA1-4FD7-A17E-B8544E67D9A0.jpeg

Fitted LED bulbs to illuminate my number plate this evening, I have a t6.1 with barn doors, however I now have a warning on the dash to check these lights. Both bulbs are working fine, anything I can do to clear this or should I just put original bulbs back in? Thanks
Turn off ‘bulb out warning’ on vcds

Have you powered up the rear speakers yet? it doesn’t make sense to me how they work in such a small enclosure - when I put some 6x9s in little boxes they sounded awful and tinny as the boxes didn’t have any air to move in them, as soon as I moved them into significantly bigger box there was plenty of bass :confused:
Yea I have the powered up and they sound superb. Especially as they are now firing into the van rather than directly at each other. I can’t help you with your enclosure question although I can say they look and sound awesome.

Got annoyed with it - well with myself as I knew not to touch it, but still I did….:rolleyes:

Noticed a 2” long blemish (circled in pic) on the rear near side panel under the rear light when washing my van yesterday - the paint was rubbed off and I could see the plastic panel underneath. No idea how/when it got there but don’t recall rubbing against anything.

BFF3E25B-213B-4157-B6C0-8BB89F325ED2.jpeg

I could have easily touched it in with a cocktail stick/small brush and you’d never have seen it, but inside decided to remove the panel, lightly sanded around it, masked up along the body line that is along the bottom of the panel, sprayed with base, clear lacquer next and then thought I’d be able to polish out the blend along the bottom of the panel.

F’d that up, so decided to lightly scuff the whole panel and clear lacquer it.

F’d that up too as I got a run in the lacquer and some of it looks as rough as an elephant skin. Decided to wait a couple of hours for it to go off, then used some Farcela G3 compund to try and remove the peel and run.

F’d that up as well as it is still pretty peely, so reinstalled the panel and came indoors with the hump.

I will try to wet sand and machine polish when fully cured or more likely will get the panel professionally painted and lacquered when I get a rear spoiler painted :whistle:

Last edited:
Back