What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted a 2nd hand Karitek side load roof rack with canoe j cradles this week … great solid British engineering
View attachment 167544
How are you finding the Karitek? I'm waiting for a quote off them for my T6 with a Skyline top. I have the Thule Hullavator on the car but waiting to get the van back from the conversion guys so I can see what loading height it'll have... I'm 99.9% certain the Hullavator isn't going to be any good for the van.

It’s a solid piece of kit picked up in pieces and was easy to put together I had some old Thule feet but needed the longer narrow bars I got from Halfords
I bought the j cradles straight from teal eng note sit on kayaks require a stronger cradle adaption
I found a tip on this forum where by changing two bolts you can remove the sliding top part when not using canoes
I saw jerba stating their pop top can be raised with this and two canoes on
I haven’t studied the Hullavator
I’m putting canoes on tomorrow for the first time

It’s a solid piece of kit picked up in pieces and was easy to put together I had some old Thule feet but needed the longer narrow bars I got from Halfords
I bought the j cradles straight from teal eng note sit on kayaks require a stronger cradle adaption
I found a tip on this forum where by changing two bolts you can remove the sliding top part when not using canoes
I saw jerba stating their pop top can be raised with this and two canoes on
I haven’t studied the Hullavator
I’m putting canoes on tomorrow for the first time
Good tip about the sit on kayaks as that's what I'm planning on putting on, good news about the 2 bolts too! I don't think I'll be raising the roof with it on as I'd probably have to upgrade the struts. It'll be good to see your canoes on when you get chance

I’ll take some close ups …. Glad I contacted the manufacturer as I’d not know about the sit on upgrade it’s a bar the fits behind the j cradle and the cradle is bigger
I was going to buy from Argyll kayaks but postage was slower

Van has been a little tired and abused last few weeks so was time for a clean, no before pictures unfortunately but I did get some nice reflections
Decided to try Megs Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax as didn’t have time to do a full Dodo Juice job and fair to say I’m happy with the finish, just need some rain now to see how hydrophobic it is! Time will tell!
Anyhow now for some pictures……feels like a lot of effort for a stock panel van but that will change eventually.

D02F1A4A-6309-48A3-B279-E19427A87DBC.jpeg9BE6CC3F-72CE-406D-AF93-C42DC29B00C5.jpeg3A5C78B9-8BDA-423C-9C1D-621140B86C47.jpeg7890F8C2-2BB9-404D-8A32-4183F251AC5F.jpeg621B9541-684C-4C6B-BECE-F4067B82DB6E.jpeg9AED8377-D712-46E7-A1CB-BF47670DBBB4.jpeg

Van has been a little tired and abused last few weeks so was time for a clean, no before pictures unfortunately but I did get some nice reflections
Decided to try Megs Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax as didn’t have time to do a full Dodo Juice job and fair to say I’m happy with the finish, just need some rain now to see how hydrophobic it is! Time will tell!
Anyhow now for some pictures……feels like a lot of effort for a stock panel van but that will change eventually.

View attachment 167567View attachment 167568View attachment 167569View attachment 167570View attachment 167571View attachment 167572
Is that your reflection in the windscreen?:uh run:

Looks great! Had a funny thing happen today, I made contact with Argyll Kayaks regards the Kari-Tek and saw where they were. I'm driving past there this coming Saturday as I'm staying near Tarbert for a week's holiday and they're only a few miles back up the road towards Lochgilphead. As it happens there's about a weeks delay on the parts so couldn't pick it up there sadly but will be ordering a setup. Thanks for your photos, the Hullavator will be up for sale when I get back from the holidays

Looks great! Had a funny thing happen today, I made contact with Argyll Kayaks regards the Kari-Tek and saw where they were. I'm driving past there this coming Saturday as I'm staying near Tarbert for a week's holiday and they're only a few miles back up the road towards Lochgilphead. As it happens there's about a weeks delay on the parts so couldn't pick it up there sadly but will be ordering a setup. Thanks for your photos, the Hullavator will be up for sale when I get back from the holidays

Today I fitted a CSB-2 battery master which charges the cab battery once my leisure batteries reach 13.6 volts with the Victron 30 amp charger or with solar through the Victron 75/15 solar charger, .1 to 4 amps go to the cab battery and a green
light comes on showing the cab batteries are being charged. £44.98 including postage from CAK Tanks.
So no more flat vehicle batteries through parasitic discharge.
John.
16FFE16F-0C2A-437E-9613-73B295CF9720.jpeg8C4E4C18-6B88-42F9-8F68-8790262F5863.jpegC33CAD91-D079-4BCC-B682-938AC6D3284F.jpeg40E0F9BA-05B7-4A73-8695-1556FCAF2280.jpeg6B3C6F37-4132-4E15-B2ED-D1C5DDE6F0CB.jpeg

Back