What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Bit of a typo. Was meant to say, put some red trim along the front of it to lift the profile
I’m going for the murdered out look - just got to banish the chrome on the grille - had a red ‘GTi’ strip on my old van so doing something different this time :thumbsup:

63027214-D038-4340-A08B-6E191015E9D7.jpeg

Well, apart from the splitter and Canteras and wind deflectors of course :whistle:

DIY fixed a number of stone chips. Not bad, not great results. Takes lot of time. Totally counterintuitively I seem to be able to get better results fixing the chips of SWMBOs black Audi.

I think after couple of years it will be hood respray and then ppf. There’s always 10-15 chips after winter, most on hood. Road sanding and studded winter tyres in use here don’t help.

2F52B8EB-F068-4A8A-8BA2-C9F0403187E6.jpeg

Got annoyed with it - well with myself as I knew not to touch it, but still I did….:rolleyes:

Noticed a 2” long blemish (circled in pic) on the rear near side panel under the rear light when washing my van yesterday - the paint was rubbed off and I could see the plastic panel underneath. No idea how/when it got there but don’t recall rubbing against anything.

View attachment 167210

I could have easily touched it in with a cocktail stick/small brush and you’d never have seen it, but inside decided to remove the panel, lightly sanded around it, masked up along the body line that is along the bottom of the panel, sprayed with base, clear lacquer next and then thought I’d be able to polish out the blend along the bottom of the panel.

F’d that up, so decided to lightly scuff the whole panel and clear lacquer it.

F’d that up too as I got a run in the lacquer and some of it looks as rough as an elephant skin. Decided to wait a couple of hours for it to go off, then used some Farcela G3 compund to try and remove the peel and run.

F’d that up as well as it is still pretty peely, so reinstalled the panel and came indoors with the hump.

I will try to wet sand and machine polish when fully cured or more likely will get the panel professionally painted and lacquered when I get a rear spoiler painted :whistle:
At least you had a go fella ,and fair play for saying you messed up. Hope all turns out well In the end .

At least you had a go fella ,and fair play for saying you messed up. Hope all turns out well In the end .

Having a go is what it’s all about

Following on from me with the hump yesterday as I messed up, today I have managed to wet sand and polish the panel to a reasonable finish - crisis averted anyway and compared to how it finished up yesterday it has worked out OK….

AE0C5324-5366-41E5-9987-F37E84A64C70.jpeg

Still think I should have just touched it in and moved along :rolleyes:

Took a trip to Snugcampers to have a Bluetooth Victron controller and additional wiring done allowing me to connect my Jackery 100w solar panel direct into the vans leisure battery system, just for that added bit of flexibility. Little flylead under passenger seat neatly tucked away…..

Last edited:
Took a trip to Snugcampers to have a Victron controller and additional wiring done allowing me to connect my Jackery 100w solar panel direct into the vans leisure battery system, just for that added bit of flexibility. Little flylead under passenger seat neatly tucked away…..

how is old Dave? has he got plenty on?

Back