What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Another Saturday morning, another bodged DIY bit of Transporter furniture - my Mk5 Kombi storage pod/Ecoflow house.

I really don’t know why I do it, and I do it every time - I should just spend a few quid more and buy something ready made FFS.

Issue 1 - the space (that I specifically measured) between the walls where the tambour door kit is supposed to fit is too wide - tambour kit is 400mm and the gap is 410mm :confused:

Issue 2 - the mega stretch carpet lining thickness plus 12mm ply doesn’t fit very well in the 15mm ally corner profiles and it keeps popping out :confused:

Issue 3 - I loathe DIY. I talk myself into these things and immediately regret it when things start going wrong, or I misplace a tool, or the screw won’t stay in the magnetic driver, or the spray adhesive goes over everything :confused:

Stay indoors and watch YouTube people doing it properly :thumbsup:
Stick with it @t6blo :thumbsup:

Well, I battled on and it looks OK from 6ft away….

I bought the following bits that came to £279:

12mm Ply Sheet
Aluminium corner profiles
400mm wide Tambour doors
900x500 table top
Side flight case handles
LED sensor lights
(had the stretch carpet left over)

Wanted somewhere for the Ecoflow Delta Mini to live, plus some storage for mugs, camping kettle, tea and coffee, napkins etc.

323CA1C9-88C4-4767-B9C7-CA891A2EBB7A.jpeg

61F6D64A-DF14-4756-9D76-674731F89538.jpeg

Still need to do some kind of seat base panel to mount my 6x9s in but can’t face starting that this weekend :confused:

Last edited:

12mm Ply Sheet
400mm wide Tambour doors
900x500 table top
Side flight case handles
LED sensor lights

Wanted somewhere for the Ecoflow Delta Mini to live, plus some storage for mugs, camping kettle, tea and coffee, napkins etc.

View attachment 185712

View attachment 185713

Still need to do some kind of seat base panel to mount my 6x9s in but can’t face starting that this weekend :confused:
Is that a triple bench but fitted further back? What a brilliant idea! How much room is there behind the seats?

Storage unit looks great! It's giving me some ideas as fancy a change of layout in mine!

Have you any pictures Gareth especially where you ran the solar cables.

John.
I had good intentions to take photos but just wanted it done and dusted , was sick of having wires and lights hanging out , I did it as quickly as possible as we needed the van today
Basically it runs inside the long poptop supports then down b pillar under drivers seat

12mm Ply Sheet
400mm wide Tambour doors
900x500 table top
Side flight case handles
LED sensor lights

View attachment 185712

View attachment 185713

I think it looks pukka :thumbsup:

Is that a triple bench but fitted further back? What a brilliant idea! How much room is there behind the seats?

Storage unit looks great! It's giving me some ideas as fancy a change of layout in mine!

Have a read of this @tommy_t6.1

12mm Ply Sheet
400mm wide Tambour doors
900x500 table top
Side flight case handles
LED sensor lights

View attachment 185712

View attachment 185713

Looks awesome mate. Some good work there.

Have a read of this @tommy_t6.1

That's absolutely fantastic bud! I defo think this is where I want to take my van. Thankyou for the inspiration!

Back