What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

To reduce shipping cost I would think. Not the ideal solution to undercut the competition. One piece must be easier to feed an awning on.
Sure it is. I'm.gonna be looking at them then instead. I'll delete them from S&S basket. Cheers.

Today I fitted one of my new seat covers, still baggy but after tugging them into position for what seems like ages my fingers have given up the ghost so I`m going to lay on the settee and fall asleep. Not one to give up easily but I spent all yesterday taking a cylinder head off my Honda Accord.

IMG_2881.JPG

That looks great! was there a guide or any other thread to followed to get this result ?
Unfortunately not, I watched a few YouTube videos but they were all for cars, couldn't find any for campers. I sort of took the basics from those videos and adapted them for the van. Had to be careful with the size of the controller, some on Amazon are too big which meant the pop top wouldn't close (for my van anyway). The choice was to either put everything in the pop top and just run a 12v cable to the controller or put the controller in the back cupboard and run everything to that, however that would mean drilling a inch diameter hole for the fibres that I didn't fancy doing!

Fitted a detachable/removable heated seat flylead/extension for the double swivel base with a little 3D printed XLR clip

View attachment 155662

all removable (as not cut factory wiring) with new crimp connectors so I can transfer to another van

View attachment 155663
Can I ask please do you have a bit more information like fly lead part or were you got it from
3d printed clip
You talk about not cutting any cables ? Got any pictures pls of further details
Did you still put the other leads under the base carpet
So are you saying you un plug the fly lead and they turn the seat ?
I am new to all of this so sorry if I am asking too much just looks neat
Finally which make of swivel did you go for did it add much in height ?
Thanks

Well my journey into van life has really started and I am so excited about the next few weeks phs 1 of my conversion has commenced with a strip out and pop top going in
Some great picture sent to me today by the conversion company so pleased

E558A556-116E-44A7-A13F-9DB31A18E46E.jpeg

2E22EE92-9C7C-495F-B90B-20A3F83C266F.jpeg

Changed the ‘Budget’ 275/40/20 front tyres supplied with my ‘Luxury’ Camper. Now 245/45/20 and so much better.
Next stop decent suspension and Lowering. And ditch the ‘Luxury’ standard ‘Front in the sky’
Look.
So much better size tyre !! its exactly the same rolling diameter as the 275 40 20 so on staggered set up its perfect even on a 4 motion

After months of trying to find someone to do a Starry Nights scene in the van and failing, decided to do it myself instead. Absolutely love how they've turned out...

View attachment 185168
That looks great. What is the makeup of your poptop bed? Is it Ply? Are you running the fibres above or below the ply? If above how have you protected the fibres?

Back