What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Stopped to take some pics. Closing in on the longest I’ve kept a vehicle, and additionally something I still want to take pictures of.

Got a new roofbox also as well as a thru axle carrier for the new bike, so roof setup has changed a bit (again). New box takes the kids cycling trailer so it’s a more significant upgrade than it seems!

Also had many bits and pieces of trim and connectors out of the nearside slider today, central locking was going crazy (I have anti-hijack enabled) so thought I would have a dig around. Seem to have the slider working reliably now anyway (as it was failing regularly recently) so perhaps I have tweaked something. Also scoped out the path for which I’d perhaps wire a light bar on the front of the rack.

View attachment 192615
Great pic that

Heko Wind Deflectors fitted.

Also updated the Nav Maps to the latest version using DiscoverCare.

And upgraded all the internal bulbs with LEDS using TravelinLite pack, slight drama when I thought I'd blown the fuse but then found it hadn't blown and I just needed to restart the van to get everything working again! (thanks to @Deaky for his post which pointed me in the right direction ;-) )

All in all a successful day and couldn't have done it without this Forum, thanks everyone and have a nice evening.
Quite similar to my tasks today. Fitted Climair deflectors, and had similar drama with replacing bulbs. Thought I’d blown a fuse when installing the last led in the rearmost roof light. Checked and changed the fuse, and was starting to connect VCDS when I realised the lights were now on as I’d cycled the ignition key.

I agree the resources of this forum are so useful and helpful. Thanks

Started the sound deadening and thermoliner. Using Silentcoat and Dodomat combo. Time consuming but easy work. Not sure what a I do when I reach the fabric lined front section though but would like to insulate that part of the roof too. Assume it all pops off when releasing trim clips. Any advice welcome.

2E604460-BC9C-4BAA-BEB5-B70A9D0E78F9.jpeg

Can always use a bit more storage on our adventures so got around to fitting our new Wolf pack pros and mounting brackets to the rack.

View attachment 192773

View attachment 192774

View attachment 192775

View attachment 192776
Is that a high lidded pro? I do like that mounting solution versus the stratchets, although would have to factor in 6 locks I’m assuming for security (not that I have any at the mo using stratchets!). Looks like you have the table and also quick release awning? Toying with the idea of the awning but annoyingly they won’t see the frame mounts separate as I’d love to be able to quickly swap it side to side.

Is that a high lidded pro? I do like that mounting solution versus the stratchets, although would have to factor in 6 locks I’m assuming for security (not that I have any at the mo using stratchets!). Looks like you have the table and also quick release awning? Toying with the idea of the awning but annoyingly they won’t see the frame mounts separate as I’d love to be able to quickly swap it side to side.
Yes mate, bought three Wolf pack pros and an additional high lid just in case I need a taller option. TBH the only time I would leave the boxes unattended on the van would be if I was doing an overnight in a hotel etc so not really bothered about security. I’ve got a load of suitcase travel padlocks that are just to stop the opportunist sticky fingers but if anyone was determined to steal my kit there’s not much to stop them anyway.
The table is great (but pricey!) and I love the quick release brackets on the awning. Means I can take it off when not in use to save a bit of juice. I was considering having brackets on the off side as well but I’ve gone for the ladder support guides and the obligatory bottle opener ;)

B205C776-D9E6-415A-9A8C-CD9725062C3A.jpeg611F949A-1E39-473E-8B85-8CBB22F823B9.jpeg

Sounds good. My next expense upgrade I think. The ride with 40mm drop H&R springs and standard shocks is awful. Catseyes are like hitting a brick!!
I had the same suspension modifications plus uprated H&R Anti roll bars fitted and 40mm lower at the front only last month by Steve @CRS Performance in Cannock. The back was already 40mm lower due to the weight of the camper conversion and poptop so he didn't change thr rear springs. The suspension performance is so much better that the stock setup I had previously. I am drafting a longer post about my experience with @CRS Performance and all the helpful advice on the T6 Forum. I cannot speak highly enough about Steve and his team.

Had Stance+ coilovers fitted today along with new top mounts, drop links and powerflex rear spring cups.

Didn’t go slammed but by god it drives so much nicer now than it did. No longer a harsh crash ride and not wallowing around corners.

(Also fitted new front splitter after smashing my previous one).

4879B966-B5B5-440D-91E2-7B8C96C5E2ED.jpeg

6C8B6297-E1A7-45F6-814F-7DEF56844C9E.jpeg

@Octane85 looks great that’s what I need to do I’m on standard at minute with 20” wheels was thinking of fitting b14 but seem to be reading a few negative comments regarding these,any advice please
thanks
Paul

Back