What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Carista arrived this morning. Made a few minor tweaks (needle sweep, switching off key in ignition ding, folding mirrors, lane change flashes etc). No faults detected :)

Was expecting to have the ability change instrument display (and headlights?) to European settings for upcoming trip but seemingly no longer an option in Carista for the T6.1 - even with the bonnet open. Looks like I’ll be relying on GPS detecting I’m in Europe and/or the flat beam of LEDs.

Reactions: CAB
Is that a kit for the T6 or a DIY job? Is the horn noticeable better?
It’s a diy job, eBay for the horn, relay and wiring all in the same kit. I then extended some wires.

It’s wired in so that the OEM horn sounds immediately and then very very shortly afterwards the air horn kicks in. This way can just detach airhorb power if needed and still have a horn.

Carista arrived this morning. Made a few minor tweaks (needle sweep, switching off key in ignition ding, folding mirrors, lane change flashes etc). No faults detected :)

Was expecting to have the ability change instrument display (and headlights?) to European settings for upcoming trip but seemingly no longer an option in Carista for the T6.1 - even with the bonnet open. Looks like I’ll be relying on GPS detecting I’m in Europe and/or the flat beam of LEDs.
I understand that the leds don’t need to be changed over so that’s why you don’t have the option I’m sure an expert will come along and confirm shortly.

I’m sure I saw a setting for miles/km in the driving data area however I use an external sat nav so might be wrong on that.

It’s wired in so that the OEM horn sounds immediately and then very very shortly afterwards the air horn kicks in. This way can just detach airhorb power if needed and still have a horn.
Also useful if you want a friendly beep for a mate, rather than scaring the sh** out of them. :thumbsup:

I did the big suspension swap yesterday and fitted the Koni active damper kit and springs.
Needless to say, what I removed was as crusty and knackered. So swapped hubs and drop links at the same time.
I didn’t take many photos as I was grafting on and not mincing about too much.
Photo 1 & 5 is before.
View attachment 191797View attachment 191798View attachment 191799View attachment 191800View attachment 191801
View attachment 191802
As a side note. I was expecting a much harsher / stiffer ride. But. It’s bloody lovely!
Feels plush and compliant. With minimal body roll. I’m impressed.View attachment 191816
looks smart, what drop did that kit give?

I understand that the leds don’t need to be changed over so that’s why you don’t have the option I’m sure an expert will come along and confirm shortly.
Having read multiple threads, there doesn't seem to be an absolute definitive answer on this albeit most things point to not having to do anything with the lights.

I’m sure I saw a setting for miles/km in the driving data area however I use an external sat nav so might be wrong on that.
Correct - there's a setting to change the Speed Display units to km - but others have previously had a setting choice of Australia/Europe/US which maybe captured other things as well. Things have evidently changed in Carista and/or the T6.1.

Temporarily fitted the bonnet led strip for my Paris trip. It probably needs re adjusting as sits a bit high into the bonnet so only a glow during the day and a bit wonky as wasn’t concentrating lol. Let’s see how it is at night.

Longer term plan is it have it on unlock and on ignition on as well I’d like to see it myself :)

109670A8-1AED-4D06-B84B-94ED95D4DEA5.jpeg

Back