What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I am going to be fitting one of these battery monitors soon. Did you fit the negative side direct to the battery or to a ground?
I fitted directly to the battery posts which is fine unless the van is unused for long periods. More info in the link below by those with far more knowledge than me!

Post in thread 'Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --'
Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --

Dropped Doris off at the VW Van Centre Middlesbrough for it 4 yr full service and MOT. Picking her up tomorrow morning so took a courtesy van. Tried ever so hard for an ID Buzz on a 24 hr test drive, but they would only let me have one for 2 hrs max.
So ended up with a 6.1 150 pv which has a really nice spirited engine compared to my 102 but the driving position feels very cramped and the no footrest is a big mistake.

What do you put the cramped driving position down to - is it the absence of a bulkhead in yours or just that the ergonomics have changed between the T6 and the T6.1?

What do you put the cramped driving position down to - is it the absence of a bulkhead in yours or just that the ergonomics have changed between the T6 and the T6.1?
Yes, lack of bulkhead helps immensely but pedal/foot angle on accelerator was almost painful !

Reactions: Bav

Yes, lack of bulkhead helps immensely but pedal/foot angle on accelerator was almost painful !
I had a 6.1 van for a day, bit daft as I only work 1.5 miles away.

For me it was the left foot, felt a bit awkward with nowhere to rest it, glad I wasn't driving a long distance.

But the electric power steering was a revelation, felt lighter than my daughter's little i10 :D

Had it serviced at the local Indi for the first time. It was the interim so didn’t break the bank.
Sorted out my handbrake which wasn’t working too well and some good news on the (I thought) leaking main pulley oil seal.
Oil seal is fine, there’s a trace of oil from above the cover and no trace of an ongoing leak. He’s pretty sure it’s been caused when someone had spilled oil while filling or topping up. Mmmm, I might have to plead guilty to that. Thought I’d wiped it off at the time. Good news anyway.

All exciting, mine is going in for a timing belt, water pump and v belt change. Also need them to look at getting off my dust caps. Learned the lesson about trendy metal dust caps…. Corrosion! Stick to plastic! Lol.

Started to insert on off switches for all my LED Strip lights, starting with the rack lights with the cupboard and grill strip lights to follow. I find them too bright at night and the touch down lights are enough for a cosy atmosphere. In my T6 Revolution Ricos the only thing you can switch off is their logo in the sink splash back. Not any more

Also replaced the festoon bulbs with equivalent LED lights to save wattage

Back