What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Replaced the reversing candles with LED's.
Obviously the engineer who designed the rear light cluster was a thoroughly decent chap, as it only took 15 minutes.
Unlike the sadistic b*****d who designed the front, must've been bullied at school.

Today I’ve removed two 110 ah AGM batteries and fitted an Eco-worthy 100ah lithium battery, repositioned my Victron 30 amp charger and fitted a new 12 way fuse holder and fitted a Bluetooth dongle to my Victron 75/15 solar charger.

John.

View attachment 216325View attachment 216326View attachment 216327

I decided to alter the above again so I removed battery and box also the 5 way bladed fuse holder, built my self a box from 12 mm ply and covered it with stretch carpet, I also moved my 240 hook up from the side door opening and fitted it to the front of the box I also now have storage for my levelling ramps.

John.

IMG_1225.jpegIMG_1243.jpegIMG_1245.jpegIMG_1246.jpegIMG_1225.jpegIMG_0622.jpegIMG_1248.jpegIMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

Replaced the reversing candles with LED's.
Obviously the engineer who designed the rear light cluster was a thoroughly decent chap, as it only took 15 minutes.
Unlike the sadistic b*****d who designed the front, must've been bullied at school.
which lights did you go for?

@middle-englander

I used "Reckhorn Alubutyl' for deadening the lower frequencies and oil- and waterresistant self-adhesive foam with a thin alloy layer for the higher frequencies (bought this from amazon a while ago, sorry I do not remember the name).
First layer is 2.5mm, second layer (foam) is 6mm. Works very good, I am quite content.
Deadener is on a roll (not as sheets), it took me something like 1.5m x 0.50m.

Used up some melamine lying around in the garage to make mock-up of kombi bed. The intention will be to rebuild in hex ply and I have already identified some improvements to the design, so l'm glad I've made this dummy first. Finished version will also have drawer, and bed base will have holes.

I'm a big fan of the Ovano, but I was keen to make bespoke utilising space around wheel arches for storage - I can accommodate 2 chairs, Jacker, hook up cable, Magic Grips, kite, ratchet straps with space to spare. Also got storage for umbrella behind rear seats, accessed from rear sliding door.

I'm hoping to get away with my son for one night over half term to try out, and I'm sure identify further improvements.

IMG_0999.jpegIMG_1001.jpegIMG_1002.jpegIMG_1003.jpeg

decided to tidy the fridge job with a matching wood mount for the switches, dials and socket.

View attachment 216778
Looks really tidy @dcpen43 . I had a question and wasn't sure what Alpicool thread to ask on... Fridge here looks similar to mine CF55 which I see is on offer as well. Do you pull yours out to open it then? When I read manual it mentioned not keeping below 5 degrees I think.... We've now had 2 frozen mornings. Just wondering does everyone leave compressor fridges in vans over winter?

Looks really tidy @dcpen43 . I had a question and wasn't sure what Alpicool thread to ask on... Fridge here looks similar to mine CF55 which I see is on offer as well. Do you pull yours out to open it then? When I read manual it mentioned not keeping below 5 degrees I think.... We've now had 2 frozen mornings. Just wondering does everyone leave compressor fridges in vans over winter?
Hi Chris mine is the CF45. Yes i pull it out and push it back in. i might mount it on a slider base at some point in the future but its no effort as configured and would mount furniture sliders first anyway.

Would say my cabinetry is L shaped so i do have the space to install the CF45. Will take some pics.

My manual does not appear to say anything about min temperatures for storage. The advantage of this type of fridge is that you can take them out very easily unlike the installed fridge which i replaced.

I have found mine to be extremely useful for beers at Christmas so will bring it out for that purpose over winter.

Last edited:
Hi Chris mine is the CF45. Yes i pull it out and push it back in. i might mount it on a slider base at some point in the future but its no effort as configured and would mount furniture sliders first anyway.

Would say my cabinetry is L shaped so i do have the space to install the CF45. Will take some pics.

My manual does not appear to say anything about min temperatures for storage. The advantage of this type of fridge is that you can take them out very easily unlike the installed fridge which i replaced.

I have found mine to be extremely useful for beers at Christmas so will bring it out for that purpose over winter.
Pic of the L shaped cabinetry that accommodates the chest fridge and allows me to use the dead space above it for a charging panel. Had previously nipped 20cm of table rail to allow a full L shaped kitchen area

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

IMG_4970.jpeg

Since I reused the VW headliner board and recovered, plus removing the bulkhead, the original plastic strip between cab headliner and cargo area headliner wasn't wide enough or long enough. I knocked one up out of ply bonded to the plastic strip and covered with 4 way stretch. Using longer/stronger roof clips.

I'm sort of happy with it but if I get a chance, I'll remake out of 3.6mm ply and use the same clips as the roof panels to be slimmer and cleaner where the B pillar trims meet the headlining.

001120B1-8A0E-44E3-913D-B9313D3EA65D.jpeg

5DDB93DB-A1C1-412A-89CF-5B89C342F5CE.jpeg

I've two Euro containers that sit perfectly beneath the double of the '2+1' seats. However, it's always troubled me that they look rather 'warehousey'. Consequently I've carpeted the fronts. Best of both worlds in my mind; matches the carpet to the front, paired with being robust for all the odds and sods that are stored within.
IMG_1004.jpegIMG_1008.jpegIMG_1009.jpegIMG_1010.jpegIMG_1011.jpeg

I'm sitting in @BognorMotors reception area, waiting for the Hunter alignment and road test to be done now they've fitted their BMVS coilovers and a set of Supermetal Compass wheels to my T6. I'm so looking forward to the drive home!

Better pictures and a drive report to follow.

PXL_20231017_150737728.jpg

Back