What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Charged it.

Came back from Germany and the van has been sat with the voltage going through the floor. I have a 10w solar thing in the dash which seems to be enough during summer, but not now, so hooked up EHU and plugged in the CTEK MXS 5.

I turned off the leisure battery charger, as you can see the split relay charges that as well.

Screenshot_20231028-142923_Multi-Batt Mon.jpg

Screenshot_20231028-142935_Multi-Batt Mon.jpg

Charged it.

Came back from Germany and the van has been sat with the voltage going through the floor. I have a 10w solar thing in the dash which seems to be enough during summer, but not now, so hooked up EHU and plugged in the CTEK MXS 5.

I turned off the leisure battery charger, as you can see the split relay charges that as well.

View attachment 218210

View attachment 218211
Did i read somewhere that the BMS will only charge the Starter battery to 80%. I leave mine on trickle charge from my solar but i cannot recall it ever getting to full charge

IMG_5059.png

IMG_5058.png

Reactions: CAB
@dcpen43 I had a 30 watt Powoxi solar starter battery charger plugged in to the ciggy socket on the dash over the summer, it seemed to rob the starter battery of charge! It got sent back to the Amazon after a week for a refund. A new Bosch battery was installed and a couple of weeks ago i wired in an Ablemail AMT 12-2 which throws a small current from the Leisure battery into the starter battery when the starter falls below 12.4 Volts. In theory I should never need to charge the starter battery again! So far so good. £65 from Simply Split Charge. If I can do that, anyone can!

@dcpen43 I had a 30 watt Powoxi solar starter battery charger plugged in to the ciggy socket on the dash over the summer, it seemed to rob the starter battery of charge! It got sent back to the Amazon after a week for a refund. A new Bosch battery was installed and a couple of weeks ago i wired in an Ablemail AMT 12-2 which throws a small current from the Leisure battery into the starter battery when the starter falls below 12.4 Volts. In theory I should never need to charge the starter battery again! So far so good. £65 from Simply Split Charge. If I can do that, anyone can!
My Starter battery was replaced by the garage I bought the Van from but I discovered the muppets did not code the battery, so I did it. I like the concept of the AMC so will get one and see what happens. The Leisure Battery needs to earn its keep in the off season:)

My Starter battery was replaced by the garage I bought the Van from but I discovered the muppets did not code the battery, so I did it. I like the concept of the AMC so will get one and see what happens. The Leisure Battery needs to earn its keep in the off season
My Starter battery was replaced by the garage I bought the Van from but I discovered the muppets did not code the battery, so I did it. I like the concept of the AMC so will get one and see what happens. The Leisure Battery needs to earn its keep in the off season
ordered one :)

ordered one :)
Leave it set on the default setting #4. Certainly works and is ideal for a smart alternator van. There are some good install threads on here. Mine lives under the passenger seat right next to my Orion TR. Easy splicing job.

My Starter battery was replaced by the garage I bought the Van from but I discovered the muppets did not code the battery, so I did it. I like the concept of the AMC so will get one and see what happens. The Leisure Battery needs to earn its keep in the off season:)
I’ve had one fitted for a few years and now I have a lithium leisure batt I can leave the van for weeks and the starter batt never drops below 12.33V :)

Squirted Lanoguard on any metalwork under the van, including the various undertray fasteners, suspension, brackets and bolts. I got the recommended kit which came with 4L of fluid, way too much. I used about 500 ml, so carried on to do the car.

For a £5 discount code:

I’ve had one fitted for a few years and now I have a lithium leisure batt I can leave the van for weeks and the starter batt never drops below 12.33V :)
i think i have just got paranoid about parasitic drawdown with the Van when i have simply never given it a second thought with the car:):)

Reactions: CAB
Squirted Lanoguard on any metalwork under the van, including the various undertray fasteners, suspension, brackets and bolts. I got the recommended kit which came with 4L of fluid, way too much. I used about 500 ml, so carried on to do the car.

For a £5 discount code:
Cheers @drinfinity really tempted to get some... Do you need the grease brush and mutton cloth? What about the cleaning stuff for overspray? Ta

Edit... So purchased. Cheers for code Paul! Made the £9.95 delivery to NI a bit more reasonable! Love this forum for spending money!

Last edited:
Back