What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I got a pot of grease in the kit, didn’t use it. I just sprayed it around under the van, the only overspray was on me (apparently I smell of sheep now).
I'll be in good company. Farmer down lane has just put sheep in field... At least I think they're sheep. Massive!

Squirted Lanoguard on any metalwork under the van, including the various undertray fasteners, suspension, brackets and bolts. I got the recommended kit which came with 4L of fluid, way too much. I used about 500 ml, so carried on to do the car.

For a £5 discount code:
I did similar last week. I bought the 500ml top up bottle with trigger (£27ish) and that was more than enough for everything underneath.

i think i have just got paranoid about parasitic drawdown with the Van when i have simply never given it a second thought with the car:):)
On a serious note, having installed that Ablemail AMT12-2, I'm hoping my constant monitoring of the starter battery voltage will now abate. Its keeping the battery at a constant of 12.34 volts when not used for a while. £65 well spent I feel! I'll still have the leisure battery remaining capacity to keep me amused though...

On a serious note, having installed that Ablemail AMT12-2, I'm hoping my constant monitoring of the starter battery voltage will now abate. Its keeping the battery at a constant of 12.34 volts when not used for a while. £65 well spent I feel! I'll still have the leisure battery remaining capacity to keep me amused though...
thats what i am aiming for too:) will let you how i get on

AmT has arrived. Quite a tiny unit so plenty of fitting choice

m
@Ayjay Tap in Ablemail 12-2 on here in the search. Just a 3 wire splicing job, someone covered it in simple speak, which I needed!
The challenge is finding a feed to the starter battery. The battery to battery is an obvious choice if you have one to splice into

i am lucky. A mod i did earlier this month to cross charge both batteries from the EHU or MPPT gave me a M8 terminal point for the Starter Battery which i will use

Victron orion B2B for me had a little space next to it. 15 minute job and a nice cut into my finger when I got a bit too excited with Stanley!

@Drive Wayne. Did that with no success before I posted. Thought it might be a useful mod but it's fallen onto the 'too difficult' pile now!
if you plan on going for Ablemail AMT12-2 then it sits alongside the DC-DC charger.

it relies on the fact that the Leisure/AUX battery is being charged by either Solar or EHU and will effectively "back-charge" the Starter battery - so if you have some Solar or EHU it will work fine . .

the AMT12-2 wires alongside the DC-DC like this . . just the 3 wires. (starter batt, aux batt + Ground)

you just join in the feeds right next to the DC-DC charger.

this shows the setup.

1612794991567.png

@Ayjay This is from a feller calling himself @Dellmassive ?
This diagram is all there is to do.
I tried copying the link but failed..
It's from [Guide] Battery Maintainer (for Starter Battery) -- How I Done It --

After no success during yesterday’s “find and resolve the near side rear knock” despite new shocks, spring seats, spare wheel carrier padding and brake fettling I simply washed a bit of the Autumn off!

IMG_9035.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
After no success during yesterday’s “find and resolve the near side rear knock” despite new shocks, spring seats, spare wheel carrier padding and brake fettling I simply washed a bit of the Autumn off!

View attachment 218585
Quick note- after an oil dip the van (2.0 tdi 204 DSG) seems to be using a LOT less oil following oil change from quantum to Miller’s….

Reactions: CAB
Back