What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

if you plan on going for Ablemail AMT12-2 then it sits alongside the DC-DC charger.

it relies on the fact that the Leisure/AUX battery is being charged by either Solar or EHU and will effectively "back-charge" the Starter battery - so if you have some Solar or EHU it will work fine . .

the AMT12-2 wires alongside the DC-DC like this . . just the 3 wires. (starter batt, aux batt + Ground)

you just join in the feeds right next to the DC-DC charger.

this shows the setup.

1612794991567.png

@Ayjay This is from a feller calling himself @Dellmassive ?
This diagram is all there is to do.
I tried copying the link but failed..
It's from [Guide] Battery Maintainer (for Starter Battery) -- How I Done It --
need to crack on and fit mine got distracted with a projector supply mod

After no success during yesterday’s “find and resolve the near side rear knock” despite new shocks, spring seats, spare wheel carrier padding and brake fettling I simply washed a bit of the Autumn off!

View attachment 218585
What kind of ’knock’? When we first had our van there was a noise that neither my wife nor myself could agree on where it was coming from. In desperation I was searching on here and someone suggested it might be the armrest?? Impossible I thought, we were sure it was in the back but not sure which side. We put the armrests down and the noise stopped. Do you have armrests on your seats?

What kind of ’knock’? When we first had our van there was a noise that neither my wife nor myself could agree on where it was coming from. In desperation I was searching on here and someone suggested it might be the armrest?? Impossible I thought, we were sure it was in the back but not sure which side. We put the armrests down and the noise stopped. Do you have armrests on your seats?
Thanks for the suggestion….i do have armrests on the driver’s seat- I always drive with them down but I will check up and down!

Quick note- after an oil dip the van (2.0 tdi 204 DSG) seems to be using a LOT less oil following oil change from quantum to Miller’s….
I’ve tried to avoid quantum for about 12 years. My Audi S4 V8 went from using over a litre between oil changes to using none when I went to Castrol Edge.
Can’t always avoid it when the van is being serviced, but I do my own interim change so it goes back to Edge after about 7k

@Bigsidavies. Purely out of interest, when you change the oil in your Audi, do you suck it out with a pump or drain it from the bottom?

The Audi gets done at the garage. I provide the oil because he only has Quantum.
Interim for the van I drain from the sump.

You won't regret it! Great bit 'o kit! It's stopped me going out at midnight to check the battery! 12.34 volts all the time now! Really used to stress me out when we were camped up for a few days!
well its in flashing amber at the moment. Will charge the Vehicle battery via solar and then switch it over to charging the LB and see what happens.

Finished the projector power supply mod mounting the usb portal on spare cabinetry wood. Quarter board was value for money as i did the chest freezer door, this projector panel and have some left over for a rib bed rear access door

IMG_5128.jpeg

well its in flashing amber at the moment. Will charge the Vehicle battery via solar and then switch it over to charging the LB and see what happens.

Finished the projector power supply mod mounting the usb portal on spare cabinetry wood. Quarter board was value for money as i did the chest freezer door, this projector panel and have some left over for a rib bed rear access door

View attachment 218697
Amber shows it's working, it turns green when the starter battery dips under 12.4, and your LB is over 13.

I did similar last week. I bought the 500ml top up bottle with trigger (£27ish) and that was more than enough for everything underneath.
Did you jet wash under your van before you sprayed it on or did you just go for it. I have the kit but not the right weather to jet wash the underneath of the van.

Back