What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Replaced the plastic drain valve with something I can actually open. Whilst I had the undertray off I fitted the missing sidebar bracket bolt. The original is somewhere inside the cill. Top tip is to fit both bolts loosely to the bracket first, then they can’t escape.

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

I don’t put the handbrake on as our van can stand for a few weeks so1 leave the van in reverse with the wheel chocks under the rear wheels to stop the handbrake seizing on as our drive is on a steep incline.

John.
Sorry John, just my bit of fun. I'm the same, if a vehicle is going to be left for a while I don't put the handbrake on.

Done a few little jobs that have been long on the "to do" list:

Not happy at the messy cable run

Cable tidy.jpg

Bought some of these:

1699209750692.png

That's better :thumbsup:

Cable tidy 2.jpg

Next job:
Fitted some old grey headrests bought from a fellow T6 Forum member (@roooms) at Busfest this year, but sent to Seat Surgeons in York to be recovered in black & have the old type Vw R logo stitched on.
The seats I have are what Vw call "leatherette", which in fact is just an expensive plastic.
The supplied material from Seat Surgeons is an almost exact match - well impressed.

T6 R headrests.jpg T6 R headrests 2.jpg

T6 R headrests 4.jpg

Next job:
Lowering of my originally fitted high up contractors pipe tube, that I use to store a windbreak, figure of 8 & a flagpole stake.
From the day I fitted it, I didn't really like its position, as it totally obscured the high level brake light from other road users, never had a problem with MOT though.
After talking to @Cool Carlos at Busfest, he has a similar pipe tube fitted lower down, so I've unashamedly copied his idea 100%.
I now owe that man a cold beer or 3. :thumbsup:

As 1st fitted for the last few years, high up

Rear pipe rack lowered.jpg

Now refitted lower down here

Rear pipe rack lowered 2.jpg

Bought some universal light bar clamps, as per @Cool Carlos recommendation

1699211399659.png

To fit like this, using the 40mm rubbers & some new M8 dome nuts

Rear pipe rack lowered 4.jpg

Rear pipe rack lowered 5.jpg

Rear pipe rack lowered 6.jpg

The M4 clamp halves were very fiddly to tighten up for a bloke with fat fingers, but persistence, 2 cups of tea & some chocolate biscuits worked wonders :cool:

Re fitted the 4th row bike rack things & you can now see the high level brake light again :D

1699212098023.png

Whats next to do on the never ending list of T6 stuff?

Last edited:
Done a few little jobs that have been long on the "to do" list:

Not happy at the messy cable run

View attachment 218932

Bought some of these:

View attachment 218933

That's better :thumbsup:

View attachment 218934

Next job:
Fitted some old grey headrests bought from a fellow T6 Forum member (@roooms) at Busfest this year, but sent to Seat Surgeons in York to be recovered in black & have the old type Vw R logo stitched on.
The seats I have are what Vw call "leatherette", which in fact is just an expensive plastic.
The supplied material from Seat Surgeons is an almost exact match - well impressed.

View attachment 218936 View attachment 218937

View attachment 218938

Next job:
Lowering of my originally fitted high up contractors pipe tube, that I use to store a windbreak, figure of 8 & a flagpole stake.
From the day I fitted it, I didn't really like its position, as it totally obscured the high level brake light from other road users, never had a problem with MOT though.
After talking to @Cool Carlos at Busfest, he has a similar pipe tube fitted lower down, so I've unashamedly copied his idea 100%.
I now owe that man a cold beer or 3. :thumbsup:

As 1st fitted for the last few years, high up

View attachment 218939

Now refitted lower down here

View attachment 218940

Bought some universal light bar clamps, as per @Cool Carlos recommendation

View attachment 218941

To fit like this, using the 40mm rubbers & some new M8 dome nuts

View attachment 218942

View attachment 218943

View attachment 218944

The M4 clamp halves were very fiddly to tighten up for a bloke with fat fingers, but persistence, 2 cups of tea & some chocolate biscuits worked wonders :cool:

Re fitted the 4th row bike rack things & you can now see the high level brake light again :D

View attachment 218948

Whats next to do on the never ending list of T6 stuff?
Cherry foam and ceramic polish?!!

Back