What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Preparing for my audio upgrade…

In my garage I now have the amplifier, amp remote knob, DSP, RCAs, ferrules, heatshrink, speaker wire and amplifier wiring kit.

Waiting for the 2x wheel arch sub boxes to be delivered from Poland and still got to decide on which 10“ subs to buy.

Whilst it was raining I sat in the van and measured the length of wire I need to take the 4x (F L&R and R L&R) high level speaker outputs (using stock Composition Media as I want a discrete look and happy with the Apple CarPlay integration) from the headunit to under the drivers seat. I then need to run 2x wires back from there to the dash for F L&R which will be the amplified speaker outputs from the amp that need to connect back into the main vehicle loom to drive the Alpine front speakers.

In my garage full of toot I found the old rear speaker harness from my old T6 so have pinched the connector from that - just need to solder all the wires on to this to run to the driver seat and will then cloth tape them all together with the 2x coming back to make a neat loom.

:thumbsup:

IMG_1795.jpeg

Tell me more about the front camera…

Is it for a dashcam, cctv or 360 view?
Where did you get it and does it just clip into the badge?

Thanks
@DJ821. Whats the picture quality like from that front camera please and what head unit have you got it wired into?? I was looking at this ostensibly similar one on eBay: Front Camera For VW Transporter T5 T5.1 T6 Up! Screw Fit Badge Emblem AV VOLK6 | eBay

Hi,
it is a 1280x720 170° wide angle camera I bought from amazon (sorry - german...)
but @Ayjay it seems to be almost the same as in your link:

camera.JPG

I had to adjust the camera a bit (a few mm on all sides), it didn't fit exactly into the badge. But all in all no problem so far.
It is connected to my alpine halo 9:

I fitted my Halo 9 a few weeks ago... I went for the lowest position as I didn't want the display to sit too high on the dashboard (and I also have no use for the storage compartment).
Had some issues with the phone function and hdmi, but everything solved with great support from alpine service. Now everything is working properly.

View attachment 218729 View attachment 218730 View attachment 218731 View attachment 218732 View attachment 218733

I am still looking for a way to unlock vim...
does anyone here possibly have an idea?

The picture Quality is very good, much better than the factory low-line rvc in the tailgate.
I mainly use it for parking in my father-in-law's tiny garage :)

Did you jet wash under your van before you sprayed it on or did you just go for it. I have the kit but not the right weather to jet wash the underneath of the van.
I just went for it. It was in pretty good condition anyhow so the Lanoguard will hopefully keep it that way. The main reason I used it though was to protect the new suspension that was fitted earlier in the year before the salt is laid on the roads. The new stuff was very clean so no need to jet wash that at all.

Fitted my Roamer 230SB and it’s now charging.
Waiting on some screws that I’ve ordered to actually arrive and then I can secure the inverter remote switch, attach the magnets to my seat base backs, secure the mains wiring and then the seats can go back in.

View attachment 218752
View attachment 218753
You could of course have a bigger inverter now, to run those all important coffee machines, hair dryers and induction hobs!

Hi,
it is a 1280x720 170° wide angle camera I bought from amazon (sorry - german...)
but @Ayjay it seems to be almost the same as in your link:

View attachment 218739

I had to adjust the camera a bit (a few mm on all sides), it didn't fit exactly into the badge. But all in all no problem so far.
It is connected to my alpine halo 9:

The picture Quality is very good, much better than the factory low-line rvc in the tailgate.
I mainly use it for parking in my father-in-law's tiny garage :)
Any chance of an image fitted in your badge and what the view looks like on your halo HU?

Any chance of an image fitted in your badge and what the view looks like on your halo HU?
...view on the HU is coming tomorrow...
for now just the pictures of the back side of the badge

IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2479.JPG
the camera is fixed with 2K-epoxy-glue - if it ever dies I'll have to buy a new badge :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not done anything (again) to my van today. Just don't have the time at the moment. Depressing as I have so many bits bought and ready to go. If you all want to put your stuff to one side next weekend and come and take care of all my jobs I'll happily sort you out with tea and biscuits.

Last edited:
Progress on my audio upgrade…

This will run from headunit quad lock to under seat to connect to Helix DSP.

IMG_1796.jpeg

Also, removed front passenger seat and checked - I have the large red cable and it’s live so will be connecting that into a distribution fuse block and the powering the Audison amp from it :thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Back