What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not so much what I’ve done to my van, but I’ve just been out and fired the diesel heater up for 15 or so minutes to make sure it’s tip top for if we go away in a couple of weeks.
Worth doing if you’ve not used it for a few months.
Would you recommend the same for a gas-fired heater? That's what I've got in my van and I've never used it since I got the van back in May.

Would you recommend the same for a gas-fired heater? That's what I've got in my van and I've never used it since I got the van back in May.
No idea. I guess gas works differently. I know that the diesel heaters should be fired up every few weeks because of the glow plug (I think) which is different from gas. I mean, I don’t have to go out and turn the gas hob on every few weeks. Not sure that’s a useful analogy though.

I seem to recall that Autoterm recommends running their heaters for 30 minutes every 2 weeks (which, based upon no technical knowledge whatsoever, I always thought seemed a bit excessive!). Personally, I run mine for about 45 minutes every 4 weeks.

added the matt bumper protector and yet again fixed my reversing sensors into place only to have one fall down again as I was so focused on making things warm with a hairdrier I forgot to wipe the bumper with isopropyl to clean it. Ordered some clear VHB tape and hoping that is better than the foam style I have been using.

Reactions: CAB
added the matt bumper protector and yet again fixed my reversing sensors into place only to have one fall down again as I was so focused on making things warm with a hairdrier I forgot to wipe the bumper with isopropyl to clean it. Ordered some clear VHB tape and hoping that is better than the foam style I have been using.

What bumper protector did you get? I'll probably post asking the question of others later but as you've mentioned it....
I'm asking as I've got a new bumper on mine and therefore need a new protector in silver (the old one just wouldn't come off or I would have reused it!). I've been fitting RGM Rear Guards on my cars for years now but can't help noticing that they're up to twice the price of some of the competition (and amazingly more than the VW OEM version). That said, RGM have always been a perfect fit.

I bought OEM LED headlights, headlights module, level sensors and Kufatec wiring (not installed)

Also ordered parking module part num. 5qa 919 298 c with adapter (not installed)

Usb hub part num. 5go 035 953d with wiring (not installed)

Rear view camera, fixed lines from aliexpress (installed)

A lot of work ahead of me, but looking forward to it

View attachment 221232

View attachment 221233

View attachment 221234

View attachment 221235

View attachment 221236
@Pleh be interested to see details of your headlight retrofit if you’ve got a build thread? I’m currently trying to rewrire a retrofit I paid to have done!
IMG_4331.jpeg
Previous wiring for level sensors and CAN for the headlight module!

Back