What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

What ceramic stuff did you use?
When I got the van nearly a year ago I got VW to do the Autoglym Ceramic Coating but they also gave me a bag of valeting stuff and this was on it. I put this on after the detailing spray and it beads the water lovely.

Edit:
Added photo in the rain Monday morning to show the beading.

IMG_5881.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

Last edited:
My first post: decided to bite the bullet and fit my subwoofer under the drivers seat. 0800 start, 1600 finish. All done and pleased with the results. As I progressed i was thinking what am I doing as more and more it looked like a shed... View attachment 220434
That’s on my list too! Are you sound deadening cab while you’ve got it all apart?

That’s on my list too! Are you sound deadening cab while you’ve got it all apart?
Don't say that, I just put it back together. To be fair I upgraded the mids and tweeters about a month ago and did line the door skins and door regulator inserts with sound deadening. I also fitted that eggbox foam to the door cards. Tap on the door panels and it's a thud. I didn't put any on the floor, I think the thick foam backed floor covering should be OK. If I keep the load area bulkhead then I suppose I could deaden that but then would need to cover it after.

Job I've put off since August, adding the under seat leisure electrics. Fortunately thanks to another member on here, picked up a spare base to build in my garage and still have full use of the van.

Under seat I've got a Fogstar 105 Lithium, Renogy 20A DC-DC, fuse box and 240v fuse box for EHU. Isolator fitted to plastic panel.

240v sockets and control switches in panel under window behind driver and EHU hookup under bonnet.

0539985D-32B0-47F2-ADFC-8A1552EC3541.jpeg

Inspired by many others before fitted this.

It is test fit pending black B pillars and good job as well it needs to go a few mm to the right as I’ve a shuttle with factory door cards and it just catches.
View attachment 220196
Hi @archersam
i have a shuttle it would be really appreciated if you could give me an idea of the measurements I would need to mark before cutting as I haven’t got a spare trim and knowing my luck I would just dive in cutting and make a mess of it

Hi @archersam
i have a shuttle it would be really appreciated if you could give me an idea of the measurements I would need to mark before cutting as I haven’t got a spare trim and knowing my luck I would just dive in cutting and make a mess of it
Ok so from the “line” mine is 23mm.

Vertical location will be obvious - there are two lugs that hold it the van so you want it in the middle of those but plenty of wiggle room

Mine has a bunch of cables running down the pillar and so I found best way was to slide it between the two sets as otherwise they put too much pressure on it and it bent a bit.
IMG_1742.jpegmiddle.

Don't say that, I just put it back together. To be fair I upgraded the mids and tweeters about a month ago and did line the door skins and door regulator inserts with sound deadening. I also fitted that eggbox foam to the door cards. Tap on the door panels and it's a thud. I didn't put any on the floor, I think the thick foam backed floor covering should be OK. If I keep the load area bulkhead then I suppose I could deaden that but then would need to cover it after.
Now you've had it apart once, doing it again takes no time - trust me :think smile bounce::slow rofl:

I have the foam backed carpet in my shuttle however I still went ahead and did it as made sense to do so.

Added another cupholder also from a Laguna. I’m guessing in the Laguna it’s angled as the van will sit at a slight angle but can be adjusted to sit straight.

Not fitted perfectly as it doesn’t pop out fully on its own However it will do for now for my road trip and will modify accordingly if needed.

Don’t see it when sat in van so currently not too concerned over its “appearance”

IMG_1760.png

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

Back