What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not exactly what I did, but what Carl from Detail Thugga in Fenton did.

After some rather nasty swirl marks were inflicted by the VW dealer, it's had a single-stage polish and looks pretty bloody awesome. If you need a good detailing and are in that part of the country I can highly recommend Carl.

It's just a shame I had to drive it home in the piddling rain and made it dirty again.

View attachment 222326
I do hope you managed to convince him that is was a small car?! I'm just too tight to pay for that at this time of the year! I've taught my local Bulgarian guys to love mine for £15 a time!

I do hope you managed to convince him that is was a small car?! I'm just too tight to pay for that at this time of the year! I've taught my local Bulgarian guys to love mine for £15 a time!
Thankfully the cost was covered by the dealer, but it was £450 which I thought was a great price considering the size of it. Some more pics HERE.

Fitted my super expensive cup holders. (£7 for both :D)
One for the passengers captain’s chair and one in the back. It can be used by the back seat passenger but is in the perfect position for holding my bottle of beer when I’m splashed out on my bed watching tv.
Also fitted a drivers seat swivel base. I’ve put up a thread on that.

IMG_5444.jpegIMG_5452.jpegIMG_5451.jpegIMG_5448.jpegIMG_5446.jpeg

Stunning job, how come the dealer paid?
As part of the normal pre-purchase snagging, there were some minor scratches but they let someone loose with a polisher that they clearly didn't know how to use and created terrible swirl marks down the full length of both sides. I wasn't happy letting them try to rectify it so we agreed to use a 3rd party.

So all cables finally run. 12v in rear both sides and 240v run to o/s for a couple of sockets. Added an Anderson connector for charging off 240v if needed. Knackered but feeling really accomplished that I haven't paid for someone to do it. Insulation and carpet lining tomorrow. The story continues.....
View attachment 222324View attachment 222325
The global economy could take a nosedive with people adopting the same thoughts! Great job Matt!

What are you actually switching here?
Which DC-DC unit are you using ?

Simon

I am switching the "D+" ignition switch signal live so I can turn the charger off if I don't want it running with the engine/ignition on.

Renogy 20A DC/DC.. rebadged as Wired Campers.

It's just a shame I had to drive it home in the piddling rain and made it dirty again.

I feel your pain.
I waited for a couple of months for a dry and cloudy day to wash my van, finally got one 3 weeks ago and I haven’t driven it since, can’t bear to get it dirty again. :think smile bounce:

Fed up of leaky side windows so had 2 x CamperGlass / TransporterHQ flush sliders fitted today. I used Midlands Vehicle Glass (mobile fitter) and am extremely happy with the service. Bottled doing it myself and having seen him work and the tools he used I'm glad I left it to the professional.

IMG_1968.jpeg

Why I get into these pickles I don’t know, I over research these things, go down one rabbit hole and still end up backtracking and spending money and time unnecessarily :rolleyes:

• Just the other day I installed my amplifier and DSP under passenger single seat, running a 4AWG wire from battery.
  • That was before I decided to sell the EcoFlow Delta and revert to a traditional leisure battery and DC-DC/solar charging
  • Now the 4AWG wire needs to go to the driver seat base instead to first connect to the Renogy input but guess what, it is too short because I cut it to length
  • The amplifier will be powered from the leisure battery with a 4AWG running back from driver to passenger seat base
  • So I have got to replace the wire from the battery with a longer one :mad:
  • And because I was impatient and couldn‘t wait for the Wheelarch subwoofer boxes I ordered, I decided to cancel the order, buy some AUDISON sub enclosures instead. These were going to be located under the Kombi bench so I ran speaker wires to that location.
  • But since the wheel arch subwoofer boxes are now available I have bought them, will either take the subs out and use them or sell them and buy some more subs, however the speaker wires are now not long enough to reach the rear arches where the new boxes will go.

FFS - what AM I doing?!

Why I get into these pickles I don’t know, I over research these things, go down one rabbit hole and still end up backtracking and spending money and time unnecessarily :rolleyes:

• Just the other day I installed my amplifier and DSP under passenger single seat, running a 4AWG wire from battery.
  • That was before I decided to sell the EcoFlow Delta and revert to a traditional leisure battery and DC-DC/solar charging
  • Now the 4AWG wire needs to go to the driver seat base instead to first connect to the Renogy input but guess what, it is too short because I cut it to length
  • The amplifier will be powered from the leisure battery with a 4AWG running back from driver to passenger seat base
  • And because I was impatient and couldn‘t wait for the Wheelarch subwoofer boxes I ordered, I decided to cancel the order, buy some AUDISON sub enclosures instead. These were going to be located under the Kombi bench so I ran speaker wires to that location.
  • But since the wheel arch subwoofer boxes are now available I have bought them, will either take the subs out and use them or sell them and buy some more subs, however the speaker wires are now not long enough to reach the rear arches where the new boxes will go.

FFS - what AM I doing?!

Fun though! You'll be bored if you got it all right first time and now had nothing to do!

FFS - what AM I doing?!
Could you not put and inline fuse under the passenger seat and run it to the drivers seat from there? Saves ripping it all out? Plus extra fuses are always good!

Back