What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

So she is back from lining. Finished electrics off. 240v still to do but that's only front end stuff. Interior lights are on courtesy as normal and also individually switched from the leisure via the Renogy M1. 2 spots in the tailgate just in case and why not. Very happy with the insulation and lining job. Bit more expensive than I'd been quoted but the suede roof looks great. Wifes happy so that all that counts so the money doesn't stop . And after seeing those engine covers I just had to do it. And they're on sale so........ Next jobs are night heater and bed in January.
1000014079.jpg1000014075.jpg1000014076.jpg1000014077.jpg1000014073.jpg1000014074.jpg

That's great. Was it easy to do? Interested mainly doing the step light and maybe a puddle light. Thanks
yes, not too bad. The hardest part I think was having to lift the B pillar trim to remove the step and to put the rubber door seal back on around the new step. Cutting holes for lights in the door card was easy. After connecting the logo and safety light in the door, I linked off that for the step.

I have puddle lights too in the wing mirror.

yes, not too bad. The hardest part I think was having to lift the B pillar trim to remove the step and to put the rubber door seal back on around the new step. Cutting holes for lights in the door card was easy. After connecting the logo and safety light in the door, I linked off that for the step.

I have puddle lights too in the wing mirror.
Excellent, thanks. Where did you get the supply from?

Excellent, thanks. Where did you get the supply from?

@saxoboy also sells puddle lights and the VW image lights on here.

John.

Last edited:
What I haven't managed to do to my van today is get the Cross Climates I ordered from Blackcirles on Monday fitted following my pothole incident.

What I did manage to do after about 4 hours on the phone and visiting various tyre fitters (that were not the one I asked for) is to get the tyres.

So currently the Caravelle is seats flat with tons of protection over them, the front load guard in and 4 new tyres and one buggered tyre and wheel sitting on top.

I'll say one thing, nothing makes you drive like a limo than the thought of that lot sliding across the leather and smashing into the fancy lining panels :unsure:

20231214_132959-02.jpeg

Last edited:
Back