What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

It's IKEA Hopvalls blind. There's a guide on you tube on how to shorted them - this is a 1m blind cut down to 900mm. The main body of the blind is held at the top with 3 self tappers through the ply door skin. The blind runs in carpet lined pvc cable ducting, velco'd to the back of the panel.
The handles I've cut from ally plate.
The door panels I made myself and are screwed onto the door frame - wish I'd fitted the blinds before assembly!
Will post a few more pics tomorrow and answer any questions you may have
you have done a fantastic job there! van shade look for ikea price!!

Not me however my favourite Indy.

My 90% worn (lol) rear pads replaced.

Passenger side was a little worse and whilst one disc only had minor lipping as also identified by vw the drivers disc also had two significant scores that vw didn’t even notice.

As it was up in the arm both pads and discs replaced and off we went on our merry way.

IMG_4958.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

We'll that was pretty painless. Rear one is a bugger to line up though! Very happy with them. Mudflaps have arrived but they can wait until the weekend!
View attachment 227868View attachment 227869
On a serious note, the blinds look fabulous, you have a campah mate! I have some internal carpety internal windscreen and driver/passenger blinds you are welcome to borrow if you don't want to spend any more!
Did I mention they are internal ones?

On a serious note, the blinds look fabulous, you have a campah mate! I have some internal carpety internal windscreen and driver/passenger blinds you are welcome to borrow if you don't want to spend any more!
Did I mention they are internal ones?
I'm looking at some internal blinds as the intention is all year round. So don't want to be peeling off soggy externals and storing them in the motor. What sort did you go for. Or any suggestions from the collective? And SWMBO is paying the bills so I don't really care :cool:

I'm looking at some internal blinds as the intention is all year round. So don't want to be peeling off soggy externals and storing them in the motor. What sort did you go for. Or any suggestions from the collective? And SWMBO is paying the bills so I don't really care :cool:
We only do fair weather camping so opted for a fuel lagoon one with eyes (that some folk mock)! The carpety ones are the ones we had to start with, but they just take up too much room, but they are good quality. You are more than welcome to try them out! Happily bring them to whichever meet you are coming on first!

Back