What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I feel I'd better check on my travellin lite ones I'm sure they were H11's... would those 75 watters be a mot problem?
They are not road legal as they are not CE rated, hence the ‘off-road use only’ label. A standard, CE approved H11 should be 55w. I would have thought it highly unlikely to be spotted at an MOT though. But could be a problem if they were noted as part of a police or insurance investigation - extremely unlikely, but potentially big repercussions. Without doing the maths, I’d be more worried that they may be too much for the wiring or damage the plastic lenses. Having said that I can’t remember the last time I felt the need to turn my fog lights on - even in fog (don’t have them on the van but other cars do).

Looking good there @BoroBoy - nice old skool R logo as well :thumbsup:
Generally, is there an improvement to stopping power with going up a size from standard front @308mm to bigger 340mm "big brakes"?
You don’t notice the increased stopping power during “normal” day-to-day driving. Then, you unexpectedly need to stop and the difference is fantastic! I upgraded to a nearly new set I bought from a fellow forum member as I occasionally drag a hoofing great big caravan - a wonderful yet subtle upgrade!

A busy day on the van front!

1 - Retrofit spare wheel
View attachment 227198
I'd get a sparesaver or similar under there before it gets nicked!

I'd get a sparesaver or similar under there before it gets nicked!

If it gets nicked I have the remaining 3 Devonports :slow rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Am liking this.
More pics and information on which blind how it works etc. please?
If it gets nicked I have the remaining 3 Devonports :slow rofl:
It's IKEA Hopvalls blind. There's a guide on you tube on how to shorted them - this is a 1m blind cut down to 900mm. The main body of the blind is held at the top with 3 self tappers through the ply door skin. The blind runs in carpet lined pvc cable ducting, velco'd to the back of the panel.
The handles I've cut from ally plate.
The door panels I made myself and are screwed onto the door frame - wish I'd fitted the blinds before assembly!
Will post a few more pics tomorrow and answer any questions you may have

Back