What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not in the slightest! From heater temp not working properly to (Dodgy DSG) then all the other transporter gripes made me think are these really worth the money? Where the sprinter has 3 times the miles trouble free ? I'm not paying strong cash for an unreliable van again !!! Next conversion for me is sprinter hands down! More smiles per miles
I've just spent half an hour on the Sprinter section on the Mercedes forum (which is nicely done in a similar format to our own). It's all problems, issues and grief! I'm presuming you've had a look at that? I'm very happy with my 6.1, but I am easy to please, unless you talk to wife number 1...

I've just spent half an hour on the Sprinter section on the Mercedes forum (which is nicely done in a similar format to our own). It's all problems, issues and grief! I'm presuming you've had a look at that? I'm very happy with my 6.1, but I am easy to please, unless you talk to wife number 1...
Yeah all motors have gripes but the 2.1 sprinter engine can do serious miles ? Most of the issues are similar dpf egr the usual stuff ? On every vehicle I map out the egr as I don't agree with an engine eating its own sh!t !! Dpf are nothing but problems so DPF delete pipe and delete map file ! Transporters are bad for dropping that extra fuel in when switched off during regen cycle? Mine was out from new ! However in latest software update you can't delete any of these ? Food for thought.

Yeah all motors have gripes but the 2.1 sprinter engine can do serious miles ? Most of the issues are similar dpf egr the usual stuff ? On every vehicle I map out the egr as I don't agree with an engine eating its own sh!t !! Dpf are nothing but problems so DPF delete pipe and delete map file ! Transporters are bad for dropping that extra fuel in when switched off during regen cycle? Mine was out from new ! However in latest software update you can't delete any of these ? Food for thought.
My only experience of Mercedes was a newish Vito I borrowed to take a lump of piano to Norwich, most uncomfortable seats ever, manual box dreadful in comparison to my poverty 5 speed, and an unreliable van through its life, the owner now has a crafter which he is more than happy with. Ooh, mother in law had an A Class that rusted badly at year 4, Mercedes did cover that under warranty though, its not all bad, VW probably would have refused that for some technicality!

Not in the slightest! From heater temp not working properly to (Dodgy DSG) then all the other transporter gripes made me think are these really worth the money? Where the sprinter has 3 times the miles trouble free ? I'm not paying strong cash for an unreliable van again !!! Next conversion for me is sprinter hands down! More smiles per miles

Of all of the features a van can have, reliability is the most important, IMO.

I strongly agree take a vw crafter and a sprinter there miles apart in engines the crafter engine is poor to say the least ? Same shell though.
Not drove a crafter but love my Merc Sprinter work van. Good comfy seating position but dreading it when it has to get swopped out to a Transit!!!!

Ran a T5.1 for 14 years now other deleting the EGR it’s been a fantastic work horse. 178k miles starts every time and runs sweet. Was the reason I wanted a T6 camper.
The body on the T5.1 is getting a bit rough now but I’ve no plans of getting rid of it. So it’s getting 2 toned next week and kept until it dies. Will keep the miles off the T6

You should have done the 6 speed one, mine goes much faster now! Did you wire up the Hallouminations? I left that job for another day!

Ha - I actually considered this since I'd seen your comment on another thread :laugh:
Gladly no lights on the incoming or outgoing cap, I already have enough van related things to do trying to prep for "the season" and our first trip away! :whistle:

Back