What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Get the thicker trim piece resprayed AG ?
I would love to see someone do that, just so I can be quietly critical, then leave it black! I did like the AG backing plate behind the VW badge, that I can see myself doing!

I would love to see someone do that, just so I can be quietly critical, then leave it black! I did like the AG backing plate behind the VW badge, that I can see myself doing!
Criticise away lol , mine on day one with painted strip. Though I changed the backing plate to black. Keep threatening to replace the thin chrome strip and badge for black.

IMG_2387.jpeg

Criticise away lol , mine on day one with painted strip. Though I changed the backing plate to black. Keep threatening to replace the thin chrome strip and badge for black.

View attachment 229687
The thin chrome would look better in black, black VW, I like the yellow backplate! My old stag was that colour, inca yellow leyland called it, but plenty of chrome to keep my Sundays busy! Yours looks great!

Reactions: MrD
The thin chrome would look better in black, black VW, I like the yellow backplate! My old stag was that colour, inca yellow leyland called it, but plenty of chrome to keep my Sundays busy! Yours looks great!
Why thank you sir. I reckon the yellow backing would be better with a gloss black badge TBF and definitely replacing the chrome strip too. The colour btw is Shell Yellow apparently.

Why thank you sir. I reckon the yellow backing would be better with a gloss black badge TBF and definitely replacing the chrome strip too. The colour btw is Shell Yellow apparently.
Definitely a gloss black badge, see if someone will do a deal for two, I'd like to swap out my chrome one! Wifey wouldn't notice for weeks and anyway it was only a tenner dear!

Fed up of leaky side windows so had 2 x CamperGlass / TransporterHQ flush sliders fitted today. I used Midlands Vehicle Glass (mobile fitter) and am extremely happy with the service. Bottled doing it myself and having seen him work and the tools he used I'm glad I left it to the professional.

View attachment 222451
I'm only just about to get round to replace mine. Isee you've already sorted yours. What are your thoughts on the windows? Are you pleased with them? And the fitter?

Today I fitted an auto light switch to the van .. because…yes I’m one of those fools driving without headlights until it goes pitch black lol

My van has factory auto lights, so my headlights are on pretty much all the time, even on bright sunny days. :mad:

Took out the old lead acid leisure battery, CBE mains charger, cabling various and threaded through a new 16mm2 cable from starter battery to the rear wardrobe. Plan tomorrow is to fit a new Fogstar lithium battery, Victron DC-DC, Ablemail AMT 12-2 and busbars, fuses, isolator etc. I’m going to keep the CBE DS300 as a fuse board for now, bypassing its split charger, and also keep the CBE switch panel.

When the weather improves I have a 200w solar panel and MPPT to fit as well. Hopefully that will give me a good few days of off-grid power (I don’t use an inverter).

IMG_6605.jpeg

IMG_6609.jpeg

Took out the old lead acid leisure battery, CBE mains charger, cabling various and threaded through a new 16mm2 cable from starter battery to the rear wardrobe. Plan tomorrow is to fit a new Fogstar lithium battery, Victron DC-DC, Ablemail AMT 12-2 and busbars, fuses, isolator etc. I’m going to keep the CBE DS300 as a fuse board for now, bypassing its split charger, and also keep the CBE switch panel.

When the weather improves I have a 200w solar panel and MPPT to fit as well. Hopefully that will give me a good few days of off-grid power (I don’t use an inverter).

View attachment 229830

View attachment 229831
This is something similar to what I have planned but I’ve already got a solar panel

Fitted the comfort glove box from Van-x …. Not impressed to be fair . The doors fallen off already because the pins have come out . The build quality is poor . The door doesn’t stay open . The door/lid is paper thin.
You'll be even less impressed when the paint starts to bubble due to heat/damp. They are cheap 'n nasty.

I'm only just about to get round to replace mine. Isee you've already sorted yours. What are your thoughts on the windows? Are you pleased with them? And the fitter?
Early days but no leaks whatsoever and I would recommend the fitter.

Back