What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Make sure you get a good'un. Is it heated etc?
No lucky for me its a trendline so nothing posh to deal with....one of the joys of low spec :rolleyes:
I’m supposed to be having one of them fitted on Saturday but the Autoglass confirmation email hasn’t arrived yet and their ‘telephone automatic payment system’ didn’t work for me to pay my excess so it’s anybody’s guess what will happen.
National Windscreen doing this via Admiral....super slick and easy but cant change it until next week. No real issue though

Just fitted the Alpine SPC D84AT6 Subwoofer and DSP amp to complement the SPC 108s fitted last year. Lessons from the installation:

DSP definitely improves the sound compared to OEM headunit, but subwoofer not as convincing out the box. I will give it more time.

UPDATE: DSP Pwr supply pin not seated correctly by me and after some playing around i got it on properly. Subwoofer improvement happy.

The package was neither compatible with the passenger seat (T6) as stated in the instructions and more importantly, not compatible with the captains chair mount.

I had to angle grind some ironwork from the passenger seat. The Captains Chair plate has been removed for now until i can think of a modification.

UPDATE: Got the angle grinder out again on the Captain's chair to slim down the strengthening braces and give clearance between the Captains Chair and the subwoofer. Obviously not an issue if you haven't got a swivel Captains Chair but I suspect quite a few Dubbers have.

Instructions not that clear. There is a terminated blue wire at the headunit that is not mentioned for either the T6 or T6.1 config. CEN did tell me it was not needed.

In order to fit the loom at the headunit side you need to free the OEM beige speaker socket from its cable cloth wrap and fold it back otherwise the headunit will not fit back when Alpine black socket connected.

Likewise on the DSP side i had to do a partial rewrap of the Alpine loom in order to seat the black and white connectors and release the tension on the pins. Alpine need to make the looms up connected to an amp to avoid one connector cable length being shorter than the other.

Make sure there is some slack in the loom at the Headunit end to allow its removal at a future date. Plenty of length in the loom and power line to accommodate all needs.

if you have electronics in the passenger seat (I didn't) it will be a very tight fit to accommodate that and the DSP/Subwoofer.

set up of the DSP is a simple case of dialling a number on the amp consistent with you Van model. As audio is a personal taste I think i would have preferred more freedom to dial in the DSP. Might dial in the other Van settings and see if there is any sound improvement.

Overall like the DSP and after rejigging the connection, the Subwoofer too but this fit is not plug and play

IMG_5961.jpeg

IMG_5964.jpeg

IMG_5971.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

Last edited:
Have updated my security camera in the van…

Now have 2x Blink Mini cameras facing front and rear covering the interior of the van.
They are connected via wi-fi to the Wi-Fi hotspot so I can remotely monitor and receive motion alerts.

Improvements over the previous TPLink camera:

• These are powered via usb so have a 12v to 2x usb sockets in the ceiling connected to leisure battery
  • They are smaller and black so more discrete
  • The way the motion alerts work is via an arm/disarm button in the app which sets for both cameras at once
  • About 50p cheaper per month for the paid plan to enable stored video clips to be saved in the cloud.

Interested to see what the drain is like on my Fogstar lithium battery because just running the hotspot and 2x usb sockets has virtually no impact so adding these two cameras running 24x7 might make a small dent.

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2056.png

IMG_2055.png

IMG_2054.png

@t6blo. Good job there. It's always struck me as yet another example of extracting the urine (aka profiteering) that customers have to pay for two separate plans for Ring and Blink cameras when both brands are owned by the same firm (ie. Amazon). Still, I suppose that Mr Bezos has got top pay for his new yachts, jets and surgical enhancements for the mrs somehow.

@t6blo. Good job there. It's always struck me as yet another example of extracting the urine (aka profiteering) that customers have to pay for two separate plans for Ring and Blink cameras when both brands are owned by the same firm (ie. Amazon). Still, I suppose that Mr Bezos has got top pay for his new yachts, jets and surgical enhancements for the mrs somehow.
Yes, I have a ring doorbell too so am paying twice rather than one subscription for all Amazon devices :rolleyes:

Although I got a email recently saying ring doorbell was increasing :(

Yes, I have a ring doorbell too so am paying twice rather than one subscription for all Amazon devices :rolleyes:

Although I got a email recently saying ring doorbell was increasing :(
Yes, cancelled that. I don't want to pay for a service I never use! The doorbell and talking to the Gousto delivery driver who insists on leaving our box in the rain is all I want! £50? That's 2 and a half legitimate VW purchases!

I’m supposed to be having one of them fitted on Saturday but the Autoglass confirmation email hasn’t arrived yet and their ‘telephone automatic payment system’ didn’t work for me to pay my excess so it’s anybody’s guess what will happen.
After the events above, I called them yesterday and the representative took my payment for the £90 excess and also promised to send me a further email - about 10 minutes later I got 2 both confirming my appointment for Saturday. I was happy until about 2 hours ago when I received a SMS telling me that the windscreen had been sent to my local Autoglass (Gloucester) from the main destruction centre (yes, you did read that right - it's the word used in their SMS. Don't you just love autocorrect sometimes?) but had arrived a Gloucester damaged so my appointment was cancelled. It went on to say that the purchasing team would be ordering a new one and they will contact me once they have it. I've since spoken to them on the phone but they couldn't tell me any more. It's taken 4 weeks to get to this point so I won't hold my breath.

A good recommendation for Tow Bar Services Birmingham.
A few years ago they fitted a tow bar to my old Chrysler Voyager to tow an Anssems trailer with all the camping gear.
When we bought our van we had no need for the trailer so popped an Ad on here which @Paint took advantage of. On checking the wiring on the trailer I couldn't get the tail lights to work, no worry we aren't towing any more. The Anssems lights worked fine on Ians Bamboo bus.
We recently bought a Thule 3 bike towbar rack, guess what, the tail lights didn't work on that either.
Quick visit to 'Ant' who discovered the tail light wires were nicely coiled and hidden in the van, but had never been connected!
It took an hour, he didn't want any money, I had to force a 'drink' on him.
Great service, thoroughly recommended.

20240229_140831.jpg

In phase 2 of 'getting folk to do stuff free for you', baby daughter was keen to apply silver Hammerite to my spare wheel that I have been shamed to put back under the van! It was as rusty as a rusty thing, but a coat of Kurust did wonders.

20240229_153803.jpg

Hey guys,
New to the forum and new to owning a t6, just upgraded from a caddy maxi.

Fitted some lights to the rear spoiler as I always seem to start and finish work in the the dark, so it’ll be nice to be able to see what I’m doing while packing up and reversing with the trailer
IMG_7543.jpegIMG_7545.jpeg

Back