What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I had some "points" from previous purchases to make these cheaper for me. Make sure you fit them in the right place and yes, makes a big difference. Door shuts much quieter, like a car rather than a van and road noise is slightly reduced. Just for the sound of the door closing I'm happy with the price I paid and 10 mins work.

Does the seal replace the oem seal or is as well so there’s two seals?
Thanks

Fitted Osram Nightbreaker 200 headlights which was easier than expected

Replaced rear & driver’s side door seals

Fitted a couple of extra USB charging points, carbon monoxide detector & thermometer:

IMG_3070.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg

Fitted a contraption to fill the space where the pop top is accessed - to cut down wind noise & stop pillows falling when someone’s sleeping in the pop top! Made it in two halves so it could be fitted when the roof is down but I’ll be making something a bit better when I get more time
IMG_3072.jpeg

Gardening. First clean of the year of the pop top and particularly the rubbery seal. Hidden behind the Fiamma and in the rain blocker was a secret garden.
I can't have the forum elders at Spring Camp moan about the state of my various orifices (again!)
All good now for another 6 months... then the rains came, again...

Gardening. First clean of the year of the pop top and particularly the rubbery seal. Hidden behind the Fiamma and in the rain blocker was a secret garden.
I can't have the forum elders at Spring Camp moan about the state of my various orifices (again!)
All good now for another 6 months... then the rains came, again...
What did you use to clean the poptop? Did you clean the canvas or roof or both? This is on my list to do too. Definitely next weekend or… :confused:

What did you use to clean the poptop? Did you clean the canvas or roof or both? This is on my list to do too. Definitely next weekend or… :confused:
Good old Autoglym super resin polish after i had washed it with their usual body wash. Looks good! I need to treat the canvas as soon as the weather is kinder, just had hail and sleet in the sunny West Midlands!

Good old Autoglym super resin polish after i had washed it with their usual body wash. Looks good! I need to treat the canvas as soon as the weather is kinder, just had hail and sleet in the sunny West Midlands!
I’ve got some stuff to clean and reproof the canvas and the lid needs another going over as it’s starting to look streaky. Definitely be doing this next weekend and not walking to a pub! Unless of course the weather is not suitable :whistle:

Finally fitted the BULLI Badges and the Exeude Gear Knob

Does anyone know how to change the locking pins, does it require the door card to be removed?

View attachment 237106

View attachment 237107
By locking pins did you mean these
IMG_1394.jpg
if so you only need to unscrew the old ones and screw on the new ones, no need to remove door card, old ones can be a bit stubborn and will probably need gripping with pliers to remove

What do you use for the canvas @cgtmiles ? I need a good recommendation, nothing in stock at home!
I’ve got some stuff to clean and reproof the canvas and the lid needs another going over as it’s starting to look streaky. Definitely be doing this next weekend and not walking to a pub! Unless of course the weather is not suitable :whistle:

Trimmed my just kampers sliding door storage panel. I used the foam backed black alcantara that was on the existing door card.
I wasn’t happy with finish on the cut edges because of the foam back so bought some purple felt and trimmed the edges in that.
Matches the rest of my van quite well.
Still needs cleaned up.
IMG_6068.jpeg

Back